Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • QE Cyclefest 18/19th May
  • scottfitz
    Free Member

So anyone going to QE Cyclefest @ Queen Elizabeth Country Park

http://www.qecyclefest.co.uk/

Demo fleet both days.

4h XC enduro on Sat. (Still entries available)

Free camping for Fri, Sat & Sun nights.

We (QECP Trail Collective) will have a tent set up it the event area come and say hi and chat about future project.

We are also having a BBQ and some beers on Sat night. Feel free to come and join us. Bring some beer and meat!!! 😉

ae212060
    Free Member

Thinking of heading down myself.

Apparently they’ve got some 650b Cube Stereo’s in the demo fleet.

Looks like there’s a good selection either way.. http://www.qecyclefest.co.uk/mtb-demo-day/

scottfitz
    Free Member

Thinking of heading down myself.

Apparently they’ve got some 650b Cube Stereo’s in the demo fleet.

Looks like there’s a good selection either way.. http://www.qecyclefest.co.uk/mtb-demo-day/ Unless you want a 26er 😉

DT78
    Free Member

Plan to pop down and demo a few biked, is it book on the day or slots in advance?

Im thinking about the race, is it the full red loop? Not many places for overtaking, resting or taking on fuel….

scottfitz
    Free Member

is it the full red loop

No its uses bits of the red trail and some fire roads so should be time to overtake and fuel.

dave360

In germany all week for work, but will try, I really will.

scottfitz
    Free Member

There are demo bikes there from:
    Specialized
    Scott
    Cube
    Cannondale
    Stevens
    Genesis
    Ridgeback

Yak

Anyone ridden there this week? How’s it running at the mo please.

DrP

I’d have loved this, but life’s been hectic recently (minimal Strava input the last few weeks you might have seen!) and the wife working this weekend = no show for moi…

DrP

ae212060
    Free Member

Looks dry for Saturday, worth a look I reckon!

pictonroad

I will be down there camping, and browsing bikes. I may however do the right thing and spend time with the mrs rather than riding the Enduro….

I think I may just be pushing the good lady’s patience a little too far at the mo…

superfli
    Free Member

Slippy as fk on crossmark rear Wednesday night! Should have dried a bit since though. It does dry quick. Forcast is possible showers Sunday, so hopefully dry race.
    I’ll be camping with Scott and the rest of the gang for the w/e. Looking forward to it 🙂

soma_rich
    Free Member

Would love to but I’m doing the exact opposite as I’m off to the Beaulieu auto-jumble.

Yak

thanks Superfli – I was thinking about tyre choices.

missnotax
    Free Member

I’m away this weekend – quite gutted to be missing this actually! I have quite a few buddies who are camping there for the weekend.

Hope it’s a good one 😀

mattbee

Thinking about doing this but last night’s crash has left me with rather sore knees.
    If I do i’ll be on my singlespeed i think.

superfli
    Free Member

Yak, quite hard to say for tyre choice. Given the route and the fact that it hasnt rained for a few days, I would go with some fast rolling RR type. There will be slippy chalk in places, but most tyres will slip on that.

daftvader
    Free Member

I’ll be there sunday with the mini and mrs vader… me for the demo bikes (i reckon about 4 of them) and minivader for the freebee coaching and mrs vader to stop me buying anything!!! looking forward to it as even tho i’m only up the road ive never ridden there….

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘QE Cyclefest 18/19th May’ is closed to new replies.