Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Q: Owners of new generation Cane Creek DBAir IL
  • PJM1974
    Free Member

I’m a bit of a hefty bugger (circa 90kg) I think that I’ve blown my older Cane Creek IL as it’s making some squelchy noises and feels awful on the trail.

I’ve seen that TF Tuned can rebuild and upgrade the shock so that it’s effectively running the same internal Xs as the newer Inline shocks. Has anyone here upgraded theirs in the same way and if so, what’s the reliability like?

mashr

Yeah I did exactly that after the old version felt like I was riding with a puncture or something. Reliability seemed better but by the time I got rid of mine (sold the bike) there definitely seemed to be a clunk or two appearing (quite randomly it appeared). Not sure i’d bother again, would more likely just swap it for something else

bowglie

Yep, I had the one on my Spesh Enduro rebuilt under warranty by TFT.  I’ve had no problems at all with it since they put the latest guts in it.  Me and the OH also have the latest version CC Air IL’s on our Cotics.  The one on her bike has performed faultlessly for a year, mine has been back under warranty once, and it’s playing up again (noisy and inconsistent damping).

Personally, I’m not sure if I’d bother getting another Cane Creek shock, and think I’d rather put the money towards a Fox shock to get the reliability.

jakehinton
    Free Member

How much is it to upgrade/service it? Ive got a coil inline which has been great, worked flawlessly and never had any issues with it. I’ve also had a ccdb air (not inline), which worked great when it was working but did have a few issues. Probably wouldn’t go for a ccdb Air again but couldn’t recommend the coil enough!

5plusn8
    Free Member

I am heftier than thou at about 97kg, my db air I bought for the bandit was utter shite and kept going flat, sticking down and being really not as ace as I was led to believe.
    However at the time the company I bought it from and who also did the repairs/servicing was not TF tuned.
    A mate recommended I try TF who were nothing short of excellent.They wanted to know my weight, bike, riding style etc. They gave it the full renewal treatment did something to the valving and gave me detailed instructions on the tune and how they would offer free advice in the future. This was three years ago and I have thrashed it hard since, with no issues. Do it. I love my db air now.

MisterAST

Had a dB inline on my bronson that went squishy after a year so got it serviced at tft and had an upgrade to IL internals and sleeve. Not had a problem since adn am super happy. Love the adjustability and now the reliability.
    Service is £105 with tft and upgrade is £195 Inc service.

PJM1974
    Free Member

The upgrade is £200 according to TFT, I wanted to figure out whether it’s worth persevering with the Inline or not. When it works, it’s ace but I blew mine at Bedgebury! The bike it’s fitted to seems to have a lowish leverage ratio (Norco Sight, 140mm), I’m not an air merchant either.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Q: Owners of new generation Cane Creek DBAir IL’ is closed to new replies.