Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • PX Tempest owners – what (40mm x 700c) tyres are you using?
  • MrSparkle

As above. Ta.

mattbee

G-One.

afrothunder88

WTB Riddler’s for me, 45C with plenty of room to spare

riklegge

Gravel king sk. Seem pretty good for a mix of easier trails and roads. I have used them on rocky and muddy trails, but they were not ideal for this.

nicholas_yiu

I have Gravel King SK 43mm x 700c. Loads of clearance as well but have terrible toe overlap.

I had no problem with toe overlap when I had 30mm g ones but I think the improvement in grip and ride quality made up for it.

13thfloormonk

If you’re actually looking for 40mm x 700c then I’m running 40mm Vittoria Terreno Dry on my Kinesis, they measure 40mm exactly on a 19.5mm internal rim.

Great tyres, fast, floaty, seem sturdy (I run latex tubes, no punctures so far @ 40psi and 85kg). Generally great fun on all surfaces although obviously you can’t expect great straight line braking on wet grass or mud, given that they’re virtually slick.

Easy to set up tubeless as well, I got them seated and inflated using a standard track pump on Pacenti rims with 2 wraps of Pacenti rim tape and Pacenti valves. I just didn’t want to commit to putting sealant in etc. as I’m a serial tyre swapper, so went back to tubes. Reassuring to know how easy it would be to go tubeless if I wanted though.

cogglepin

Donnelly MSO xplor here, these are the non tubeless ones which is fine as I change tyres and use it for my winter road bike.
    Actually I’m really happy with them, decent amount of grip and roll fast on the road sections but I’ve not used them in muddy conditions and image they would soon clog up.
    13thfloormonk, which latex tubes do you use?

13thfloormonk

Vittoria tubes, they’re not as light as the lightest tubes out there but seem pretty robust, and you can patch them with normal patches and glue (I only know this because I was careless the first time I installed and pinched the tube under the bead of the tyre…).

Still need to check pressure before every ride but that’s fine for me, it’s not my day-to-day bike.

Most importantly, I’ve had fewer punctures than all my mates who swear by their tubeless set ups! 😁

cogglepin

Cheers, will take a look at those. I’ve just ordered another set of wheels and might go tubeless on those but keep my Fulcrums tubed.

thv3
    Free Member

WTB Riddler’s for me, 45C with plenty of room to spare

+1

MrSparkle

Thanks all. 👍

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘PX Tempest owners – what (40mm x 700c) tyres are you using?’ is closed to new replies.