Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • PX Tempest 700cc to 650b
  • ojays
    Free Member

anyone running a Tempest Mk3 as 650b?

I have one but using the stock 700cc wheels and 40mm tyres it cane with and considering swapping out or getting another set of wheels to use 650b.

What width would you go, as I thought the idea was you use a wider tyre on 650b so that you end up with an overall size the same, so if it’s designed being sold as 700cc with 40mm that would mean about 2.3” tyres on 650b?

Sounds a bit MTB to me. Would it be weird going to say 45mm on 650b? Cannot see what PX we’re selling them with when they had 650b options available, they all seem to be 700cc now.

Cheers

ibnchris

I think most people with similar bikes ride a narrower tyre on the 700 (maybe a 32) and then a 47 on 650b.

That gives you two different feeling bikes but a similar height…

sibot
    Free Member

Mine came as 650b with 42mm Clement x’plor. I’ve been running 50mm G ones no problem, but haven’t tried anything with proper knobs on or anything in 700c.

hardtailonly

I don’t have the Tempest but do have the Pickenflick, think the frame clearances are similar? I can get 700×42 WTB Resolute tyres in mine with room to spare, so think 650×42 is a bit pointless. Can see the benefits of a 47 or 50 width, but for me, the sweet spot for the riding I do is 700x42ish for rolling speed & off road ability.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘PX Tempest 700cc to 650b’ is closed to new replies.