Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Putting trainers in the wash,possible?
  • monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Any of you tried this?I have a white pair so I thought I might give it a go.Hope I don’t break the washer.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Always been fine, just put the headphones in too, done bike shoes before Australian/NZ immigration

wrightyson
    Free Member

Our washing machine actually has a trainer/shoe programme. Daughter was on the ncs course this week and her trainers were knackered after the colour run thing they did.

Del

Fine. Watch the temperature.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Stick them in a pillow case and don’t go mad with the heat.

tall_martin

I cracked the rubber on some skate shoes doing this.

They were a great deal cleaner though 🙂

rene59
    Free Member

My machine has a setting for trainers as well. Works fine, it’s a totally different cycle to the other settings though. The trainers dont go round and round more like half way round one way and half way round the other.

bikebouy
    Free Member

You need bleach and Milton, add a sprinkle of glitter and vanish then 90C for 2hrs.

Proper white 💪🌈

pondo

Back in the day, when Chris Evans was making his first, bank holiday cover, return to national radio, I texted to ask what the best thing was to do with my stinky boots – the final answer was to put in a pillow case and pop em in the dishwasher. Never had a dishwasher so dunno how it works.

footflaps

Yep, put all our trainers through the wash – in fact all our shoes except patent leather just get washed at 30C with normal Ariel / Persil etc washing liquid.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Washing machine, take the laces out, 30c wash with oxyclean stuff. Never had any problems.

Or just throw them in a bucket with the same stuff overnight and scrub off with a nail brush. Had the same effect.

wukfit
    Free Member

I’ve put my 5:10’s through the machine 3-4 times in the last 6 years

it’s amazing how much tackier the soles are for a day or two after (only wash at 30*)

wallop

Don’t put them in the dishwasher like I did 🤦‍♀️

rene59
    Free Member

Never had a dishwasher so dunno how it works.

Works hot enough to melt all the glue holding your trainers together.

martymac

Don’t make any attempt to dry em too quickly though . . .

andrewh
    Free Member

Put them on cold, they’ll be fine. Will make bumping noises but otherwise no problems.

Do not put running spikes in with towels and dressing gowns, their ability to pull threads is absolutley incredible!

Caher

Put my SPD”s in the wash last night just stuck a load of gym gear and towels in and did not spin. Were fine.

WillH

What martymac says ^

Back in the early 2000’s I had a pair of Nike Air Gridstars, they were unbelievably comfortable. I wore them so much that they got a bit whiffy, so chucked them in the washing machine.

It was a washer-dryer, and I didn’t realise someone (shared house) had changed it from the quick wash/no dry setting it was always on.

The heat from the dryer turned the air bits into balloons that ripped the shoes apart 🙁

The tattered remnants were very clean, though…

timba
    Free Member

Take the insoles/footbeds out first, and leave them out while the shoes dry. Airing cupboard doesn’t seem to cause any harm while drying

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I’ve washed a few pairs on the shoe programme and all have been fine apart from my fairly expensive trail running shoes which seem to have shrunk by about half a size and now cripple me 🙁

lunge

Yep, normal practice in my house, though I don’t like putting expensive running shoes in, they get soaked over night and scrubbed.

munrobiker
    Free Member

We do them in the dishwasher on the shortest and coldest cycle.

maccruiskeen

I wore them so much that they got a bit whiffy, so chucked them in the washing machine.

If its only whiffy-ness rather than dirt – sticking your shoes / boots in the freezer sorts that out and it s good for stuff you couldn’t put in the washing machine.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Putting trainers in the wash,possible?’ is closed to new replies.