Putting really big ships in the water.

Home Forum Chat Forum Putting really big ships in the water.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Putting really big ships in the water.
  • flip

That’s certainly an interesting way to do it 🙂

Premier Icon paulosoxo

I worked in a ship repair yard as an apprentice. Seeing huge ships out of water in dry dock is a fantastic site. I never saw a proper ship launch though.

I would love to be in board, sat at a table having a cup of tea, while they launch.

That would be brilliant !

I hope they sellotape the furniture etc inside down first!

Amazing. Show’s how much they can be bounced around as well

Fun to watch, but those aren’t really big ships, the last two were a Coastguard cutter and a NOAA research ship. I’ll bet they wouldn’t launch a multi-thousand tonne bulk crude tanker like that.

Premier Icon chipps

Like this one? 🙂

Eureka…………I’ve just figured out why sea levels are rising !

……..”global warming” my arse.

That’s a barge, not even a ship

Isn’t that how they launch sumbarines? Anyway, talking of ‘big ships’, they aren’t that big compared to some are they? There was some MAHOOSIVE ships anchored off Panaji, Goa, last month. Theyr’e mostly ore carriers & looked canny big to me. There was some fookin big tankers as well, can’t find any photo’s though.
    Lets see some BIG ships!

Premier Icon kcal

well, my uncle (ok, great uncle) was the man standing beside the queen when she launched the QE2, impressive footage of that launch, right across the Clyde from what I could see – I’m sure they even had to dig out some of the opposite bank to take the ship..

http://youtu.be/MmS8g6lnZOk – starts at 1.45, bowler hat raised aloft, 1.55

tops 5

Isn’t that how they launch sumbarines?

Submarines are rolled out from the assembly shed and lowered into the water using a hydraulic shiplift

Saw a few ship launches as a kid in Barrow in Furness – used to get the day off school to watch 🙂 they slid in “end on” tho

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Putting really big ships in the water.’ is closed to new replies.