Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Put the Blur LTc on a diet :) Piccies
  • neil853
    Free Member

I’ve had it about two years now and I’ve always been dissappointed with the overall weight. One of the main reasons I got it was to get a lightweight 140mm travel bike, but when I initially built it up it was 30lbs on the nose. With a bit of minor tinkering I got it down to 29lbs but I knew that if I was going to get it lower than that it would take some significant parts to be changed.

Well, I’ve done it (it only took a month to sell/source bits!). New wheels, brakes/rotors, warrantied seatpost, saddle and tires. Now it weighs 27lbs on the button and I’m happy with that. Really does feel better/quicker in this new guise

New Blur 2 by 99c5faa01725362d73494aff686e3664, on Flickr

New Blur 1 by 99c5faa01725362d73494aff686e3664, on Flickr

New Blur 3 by 99c5faa01725362d73494aff686e3664, on Flickr

New Blur 4 by 99c5faa01725362d73494aff686e3664, on Flickr

Gee76
    Free Member

That white paint looks heavy tho 😉

neil853
    Free Member

What can I say, I put form over function 😉

Gee76
    Free Member

Good work tho, by the way. And the white paint might just strengthen up those rims for ya too;-).

Amazon the difference in zip with light wheels. Missed ya on sat’d, twas a good sunny ride… With cake too!

neil853
    Free Member

Gutted to miss it, really did appreciate the constant sunny photo updates 😉

Damn decorating. You out this weekend?

patriotpro
    Free Member

Forks look v.nice indeed.

Stevelol
    Free Member

Looks good! What did you change from > to then?

neil853
    Free Member

Wheels were ProII/819’s, top wheels and really strong but a bit weighty compared to the Crest’s. A remnant from my old 160mm bike were the four pot Saint brakes. Tyres were 2.4″ Advantage/2.25 Ardent LUST. So each part there had a big weight drop.

Stevelol
    Free Member

Not surprised you saved some weight then!

tinsy
    Free Member

I really like the look of those wheels, sorry for the ignorance but what hubs & build weight please.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Mate of mine got some of those 2.2 Rubber Queens on his new SH Prophet the other day and I am impressed with how big they are. I have been thinking about 2.4s but they must be almost fat tyres.

wrecker
    Free Member

neil, any chance you could post some pics showing how you’ve routed your reverb hose please?

neil853
    Free Member

I really like the look of those wheels, sorry for the ignorance but what hubs & build weight please.

They were 1605g with normal rim tape

this is the only pic i’ve got to hand, any good? Basically it goes under the top tube and then is zip tied to the rear brake hose (I think).

Blur Rvb by 99c5faa01725362d73494aff686e3664, on Flickr

Lakes_Puma

What size frame is it?

neil853
    Free Member

Large

DanW
    Free Member

Still a good deal of porky things to get it even lower but good job for now 😀

andypaul99
    Free Member

fab looking bike, love the white crests – just ordered a set for my anthem! 🙂

Lakes_Puma

Nice bike, I’ve just built up an XL with bits from my previous bike and it weighs 31lb, but it has Saint brakes with large rotors and Fox 36 Talas forks.

I plan on slimming mine down as finances allow.

Good to see what it could potentially come down to.

neil853
    Free Member

Sounds similar to what mine was. it feels totally different like this, faster and more nimble. I think I’ll keep and eye out for a heavier duty wheelset for the alps but the rest will probably be left as is. well, maybe an xtr clutch mech 😉

Vortexracing

bloody hell big lad, thats lighter than my 5 spot now. 🙁

goes away to see about lightening his ‘ickle spot’

Looks good.

what weight are those RQ’s?

I suppose I should just ask Grant, he will have all the weights to hand 😆

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

nice bike but 26 inch wheels are dead ! lol

br
    Free Member

MT Zoom rear QR, Ti bolt kit and Eggbeaters/Candys should see another 0.5lb shifted.

Vortexracing

forgot to add, how did you get on with the those RQ’s. The ones Grant has are a pain in the arse for leaking through the walls.

neil853
    Free Member

The listed weight is 650g, didn’t weight them but they did ‘feel’ light. they weren’t ‘easy’ to setting up tubes, took three scoops, loads of shaking about and three days to finally get to hold air. seem fine now though, held air for a week or so with no apparent loss of pressure.

I was thinking about ti rotor bolts and a ti bolt kit for the stem 🙂 frame already has a ti bolt kit kit as standard. tried egg beaters and didn’t get on with them. always preferred the shimano ‘click’.

Vortexracing

still tring to see if I can sort anything for the weekend.

Is it the peaks you are going to?

neil853
    Free Member

Yep, possibly saddleworth depends on the weather…..

goat
    Free Member

Looks well smart Neil, go easy on the shiny white rims tho! Marginally miffed to not be able to come to the peaks with you guys, but I suppose I’ll have to make do with the alternative! Anything planned for the Sunday we get back?

Edit: oops, not my log on. Sorry Tom.

neil853
    Free Member

I’m riding Dalby that Weekend Jo if you can make it?

Oh and thanks for the bike comment, really pleased with it 🙂

richsmith
    Free Member

Nice bike. I’ve just built mine up, new XL frame with some new and old bits. Got it in at 29.8 lbs.
    When finances allow I will start sorting lighter parts. You sound as though you are up north some where. I’m from Bolton.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Put the Blur LTc on a diet :) Piccies’ is closed to new replies.