Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 120 total)
  • Pussy Riot
  • yossarian
    Free Member

If it’s not staged.

I like the pussy riot collective. They have serious minerals.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Makes you realise how those who moan about the Polis in this country should realise all things are relative.

Pussy Riot come across as rather ” stroppy teenager” but I respect their desire to fight against the powers that be in Russia. They have bigger balls than a lot of men for sure.

samuri
    Free Member

I expect they knew that was the reaction they’d get but good on them.

DezB
    Free Member

If it’s not staged.

Those yelps of pain are pretty damn genuine.

mudmonster
    Free Member

Hopefully these “real men” will try to attack people who can fight back next time and get what they deserve. Putin’s Russia is just a fascist state where opponents are put in jail and journalists are murdered if they dig too deep.

fasthaggis

Just watched that 😯

Feels like an attitude that comes from the top.
    I can imagine Putin* telling his minions to whip down any protest nonsense 🙄

*probably with his shirt off 😉

CountZero

You can take Putin out of the KGB, but you can’t take the KGB out of Putin…

wordnumb
    Free Member

Appalling, even though they were trying to provoke a reaction, and deeply stupid of the Cossacks.

gordimhor

Thanks for posting DezB …appalling is right.

hora
    Free Member

Cant pussy riot just go away? They are cringeworthy at best. It’d be doing the world a favour. Sick of hearing about their name.

Whip them harder for **** sake

yossarian
    Free Member

The intellectual has arrived

shermer75
    Free Member

hora – Member
    Cant pussy riot just go away? They are cringeworthy at best. It’d be doing the world a favour. Sick of hearing about their name.

This is irony, right?

passtherizla
    Free Member

shermer75 – Member
    hora – Member
    This is irony, right?

hope so….

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Balaclavas = perfectly acceptable headwear for winter Olympics spectators.

cranberry
    Free Member

A very brave bunch.

It doesn’t take much for Russia’s mask to slip.

scunny
    Free Member

I agree with Hora. I’d encourage you all to do some research about the freedom fighting Pussy Riot before reassessing your opinions. Russia is backwards and Putin is dangerous, I totally agree with that but the media has glorified Pussy Riot into something they are not. Points of interest.

Chicken carcass inserted into body in supermarket “in protest”
    Orgy in a library “in protest”
    Sacking the two inprisoned members because they were getting too famous!!

As a prime minister they are certainly not a group of people I’d be inclined to listen to

DezB
    Free Member

point of interest: cops using whips on women half their size… for what?

scunny
    Free Member

Never said that their treatment was justified, just that they’re not the messiah’s they’ve been portrayed to be. To me their previous actions have totally discredited any message they are trying to make.

hora
    Free Member

It looks to me like they are pretending to give a message whilst really trying to become a version of 90’s Russian Spice Girls.

For all the slagging off alot of people would have put alot of work into the Russian winter Olympics, alot of people have trained years to compete. They come across as absolute amateur pop idiots. Ill-conceived self promotion.

Plus thats not whipping, its not even M&S special whipping. Its half-assed move-whipping FFS. Seen how the BRITISH Police dealt with the peaceful Countryside Alliance in London a few years back? That was disgusting.

Pussy Riot are just a bunch of Bridget-Jones-eqsue muppets in childrens presenter clothing designed by Timmy Mallet singing lame songs in an effort to drum up business.

People Like Greenpeace, jesus now I take my hat firmly off to them. Shot at, rammed you name it.

shermer75
    Free Member

It looks to me like they are pretending to give a message whilst really trying to become a version of 90’s Russian Spice Girls.

You know they’ve spent two years in prison, right?

scunny
    Free Member

For breaking the law.

What do you think would happen to a group of people that acted that way in this country. You cant expect people to accept that behaviour just because their country is governed by a tyrant?

anagallis_arvensis

Hora, do you have issues with women? I have no idea what pussy riot are like nor do I really care I respect their right to protest without being attacked I wonder why you do not.

yossarian
    Free Member

You cant expect people to accept that behaviour just because their country is governed by a tyrant?

😆

scunny
    Free Member

Hoar, do you have isdues with women? I have no idea what pussy riot are like nor do I really care I respect their right to protest without being attacked I wonder why you do not.

Everyone has that right. Pussy Riot abuse that right and often deal with the consequences. I am yet to see/read about a meaningful, organised and effective protest by Pussy Riot. Just media exposure for being silly.

hora
    Free Member

They went into a church (sacred to some you know) and sang the lords shit (etc).

Ranging on a spectrum: In our country you’d be taken to the Maldives on a correctional learning experience through to, flogging or being executed nearby in many many countries.

One was released on parole, two served 21months (probably because they set it up/the idea behind it).

Hora, do you have issues with idiots?

No but when I see grown men posting on a forum in shock and horror over self-promotional idiots trying to disrupt hardwork and cost with not even a good attempt at hijacking then I’ll post. Is that ok.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I have no idea what pussy riotEDL are like nor do I really care I respect their right to protest

Do some research? Maybe…

anagallis_arvensis

Same applies to edl I’m afraid, although I have protested against them.
    Hora, nothing you say or indeed misquote makes a lot of sense to me I think you need to calm down.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Can’t help wondering if their name could have had a better translation.
    maybe
    fanny fight
    gash battle
    quim quarrel

hora
    Free Member

anagallis_arvensis then don’t make bizarre and insulting insinuations? Saying I have a problem with women based on my dislike for a band?

What does concern me is whats happening in the Ukraine.

franksinatra

To be fair, their music is pretty shocking. Maybe that is what upset the angry cossack most.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I have no idea what pussy riot are like nor do I really care I respect their right to protest without being attacked I wonder why you do not.

This exactly. If that video is for real (And it looks it) then they did nothing other than use words. Whatever those words were (I don’t speak Russian, sorry) they didn’t deserve that beating at all.

anagallis_arvensis

anagallis_arvensis then don’t make bizarre and insulting insinuations? Saying I have a problem with women based on my dislike for a band?

no its based on your apparent approval of young women being kicked and hit with whips because they have the nerve to be self promoting. Obviously you think these women should know their place.

weare138
    Free Member

Seems strange that they chose an empty area to protest and get a whipping, maybe if they’d of chose somewhere more public the Cossacks would’ve backed off?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I find myself agreeing with Hora.

I too find thier immature stunts just publicity seeking trolls for to expand the name of the band and no more. I’m not saying they deserved a whipping, no no I’m not.

🙄

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Orgy in a library “in protest”

I’d buy that for a dollar. Any whipping involved then? 😀

convert

Pussy Riots methodology (right down to their name choice) are in danger of trivialising the issues they are protesting against and alienating the mainstream Russians. If I was Putin they would be my ideal “opposition” . Run a country like he does and protesting opposition is inevitable (he knows and expects this) – he could not have scripted a better bunch of flakes to take up the mantle.

Lifer
    Free Member

I think they’re **** fantastic. The more they get on the news the more they’re a thorn in Putin’s side. The ‘self-publicity’ thing is pretty much bullshine imo, the downsides are definitely outweighing anything they’re getting in return.

Lifer
    Free Member

convert – Member
    Pussy Riots methodology (right down to their name choice) are in danger of trivialising the issues they are protesting against and alienating the mainstream Russians. If I was Putin they would be my ideal “opposition” . Run a country like he does and protesting opposition is inevitable – he could not have scripted a better bunch of flakes to take up the mantle.

It needs extreme methods to get reported on though. They’re not hurting anyone but have found a way to get international attention.

anagallis_arvensis

Pussy Riots methodology (right down to their name choice) are in danger of trivialising the issues they are protesting against and alienating the mainstream Russians. If I was Putin they would be my ideal “opposition” . Run a country like he does and protesting opposition is inevitable – he could not have scripted a better bunch of flakes to take up the mantle.

It needs extreme methods to get reported on though. They’re not hurting anyone but have found a way to get international attention.

you do wonder if they work better abroad than at home.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 120 total)

The topic ‘Pussy Riot’ is closed to new replies.