Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Pushed my shock…
  • coogan
    Free Member

…holy crapola, what a difference! I’m a bit of a luddite ‘oh, it bounces’ kinda guy, so wasn’t sure how much of a difference I’d notice. TFTuned did a bang up job as always and yes, I noticed a massive difference. Very impressed.

tftunedshox
    Free Member

Happy Days! Good to hear that you like the upgrade – any questions, as always just give us bell.

Cheers, TFT

preciousmetals
    Free Member

In what way, please can you describe as mojo guy/site states my RPL shock is not tunable.

So would consider a tune if TF could do someway around it.
    Will contact as hear good things and need my shock to behave better whilst trying to match my Bos fork.

Edit) I now see TFTuned are members on here. Good going and to think I was going to flounce from stw.
    Would like some feedback on tuning a FOX RPL shock please.

coogan
    Free Member

It’s obviously custom tuned for me, but was surprised at the recommended 180 PSI in it (it’s a Float X CTD). But thought, well, they know what they’re doing! Found the back end felt too high on PSI intalliy, but left it for the whole ride to then make a judgement. And they were right. Defiantly felt better on the climbs and the Pivot Mach 6 climbs brilliant before hand, so a nice bonus. Decent though is where I really noticed it. Very plush, the back end didn’t have the skittering about it used to which I always presumed was my cack handed style of riding. Never felt I was squishing through the travel, it was all in a much better controlled smoother way. It dawned on me half way round that I wasn’t actually thinking about what it was doing that much as it was just dealing with everything brilliantly and the bike felt in much better, faster way. Whether I was actually going any faster I dunno, but it just inspired my confidence more and had me chucking the bike around more. Probably not, but it felt that way! Or was just being even more cack handed…

zippykona

I’ve always had excellent results using those volume reducers. Cheap and easy to experiment with.

preciousmetals
    Free Member

Fair enough. 🙂

I just wonder what the step of questions for tuning to style were?

Yes I find running higher psi whilst leaving comp open mode helps a lot and makes the shock behave more in line with how one would hope.

However still feel like mine could do with a professional tweak (virgin to tuning).

preciousmetals
    Free Member

Interesting volume reducers you say, my local nechanic told me about these but can’t for life of me remember what they’re intended to do.
    I suppose they reduce the amount of psi required to reach optimum sag and thus allowing less transfer of suss fluid through shim valves…?

zippykona

I’m not sure how they work either!
    My Spearfish has had 2 different shocks on it and I had them both Pushed. The rear end was horribly dead with both of them. I assumed it was how the bike is but took a punt with the spacers. It’s now super plush lovely.

preciousmetals
    Free Member

Interesting….

Will have to investigate this further. My elder brother has a Spearfish and I know what you mean. Lovely quick ride as it is though, he’s content with it!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Pushed my shock…’ is closed to new replies.