Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • "Push" tuning on an RP23…. worth it?
  • batfink
    Free Member

It’s been well documented that, having you shock tuned to you/your riding style is worth it. But is the premium for “Push” tuning worth getting? I’ve read the bumf – but are you really getting anything better/different from a “regular” custom tune?

To add some perspective: service + Push tune = 50 quid more than service + regular tune.

Opinions?

LoCo
    Free Member

They work differently, new piston and shim stack put in the damper a, ‘standard’ custom tune and port will also improve the performance and is a bit cheaper

xiphon
    Free Member

If you know *what you want* from the shock tuning, then it does have it’s benefits..

flyingmonkeycorps

Loco – how do your shock tunes compare to a PUSH? My shock’s due for a service soon, and I’m wondering if it’s worth having anything done to it.

messiah
    Free Member

I’ve had a couple of shocks done and been happy with the results. Key is to know what you like and dislike about your current shock and then discuss with the tuner of your choice. From my experience TFT don’t push the Push option on you unless they think that it offers more than a standard retune.

LoCo
    Free Member

Each tune is differnt, based on the year of the shock model and the rider weight, bike, use e.t.c
    The comparison wise they should have the same benefits, it’s a bit of a ‘vague news’ answer as each tune for both mine and PUSH’s are specifc to the shock.

flyingmonkeycorps

Cool – cheers for that. Will be in touch properly when I have the money to service it…

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Go Kashima coating it made a big difference to my ride. Makes it quite smooth. I would get the forks coated as well now when I get them serviced next. Great upgrade with potentially more noticable benefit.

FuzzyWuzzy

I can’t decide whether to go for an RP23 kashima (and then maybe get it PUSH’d) or wait on the 2013 CTD’s – anyone know when they’re due?

LoCo
    Free Member

Most sizes of the CTD’s are already in stock along with a few of the 2013 forks, have a set of 34mm 29er CTDs waiting for a team rider atm 😀

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

want 34mm Fox 140 or 150 for 26″ is that likely?

LoCo
    Free Member

160mm max on the 26″ CTD forks, I’m not a Fox Forx dealer though, I can only get Fox forks for sponsored riders.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I will accept your sponsorship 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘"Push" tuning on an RP23…. worth it?’ is closed to new replies.