• This topic has 12 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by igm.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Push-on mini pump as good as a Lezyne Alloy Drive?
  • chiefgrooveguru

I have an excellent shiny lovely Lezyne Alloy Drive in my Camelbak but since I switched to removable core valves (much easier for tubeless) it is now next to useless as when I unscrew the pump’s connector from the valve it tends to take the valve core out at the same time – instant deflation! What’s as good as the tiny but powerful Lezyne but pushes onto the valve?

chiefgrooveguru

Is that a “no, there isn’t”?

RealMan
    Free Member

Screwing your valves in properly.

I use a lezyne, never ever have that problem.

mttm
    Free Member

Try tightening the valve cores a little bit more? The Stan’s tool for this is about a fiver £7.60, lot’s cheaper than a new pump.

EDIT: here
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/stans-no-tubes-core-remover-1/

RobHilton
    Free Member

You got a valve core tool you can tighten them with?
    Dab of locktite so you can never get them out agen?

Or maybe Edinburgh Bike Co-op pump?

chiefgrooveguru

Maybe the valves are knackered but this isn’t a first time problem and it happens however tightly they’re screwed in.

alpin
    Free Member

i know what you mean as i have experienced the same with my Lyzene…

not really a massive issue or worth buying a new pump. jog out now into the garage and nip up the valves with a pair of pliers. if you’re really worried drop a dab of loktite onto the core…

serisly…?

Try tightening the valve cores a little bit more? The Stan’s tool for this is about a fiver £7.60, lot’s cheaper than a new pump.

EDIT: here
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/stans-no-tubes-core-remover-1/

a specific tool for a job that can be done with your teeth if need be….?

mttm
    Free Member

Yes, a specific tool – strangely this tends to make the job a bit easier. You can use pliers, but they will chew up the very thread which the OP requires to attach his Lezyne pump to.

RealMan
    Free Member

Yeah, pliers do the job, but the tool does it properly, and is very nice to use.

chiefgrooveguru

I’ve done it with a tool and with pliers – the problem still occurs!

stevenieve
    Free Member

Lezyne Speed chuck any good?

crotchrocket
    Free Member

I had the same issue after my mate was the designated pump carrier & bought a Lyzene pump.

I settled on a topeak mountain morph mini. super fast, super easy, not so light (but I ain’t a racer and I’m more overweight than the weight of the pump). Had it for a year in my Camelbak & (touch wood) the most reliable pump yet (C02 pumps excluded – which I also stopped using when they curdled the Stans Fluid in my tubeless set up).

HTH

igm

Same problem – same topeak solution.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Push-on mini pump as good as a Lezyne Alloy Drive?’ is closed to new replies.