Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Purchase protection – what are my options?
  • prezet
    Free Member

So, I’m in the process of fixing the wife’s car after a small crash she had. One of the items I needed was a new bonnet. Sourced one from an online breakers who said it was in good condition – so I paid, and received it a couple of days later. I then put it in the garage and waited for a few more parts to arrive. That was one week ago.

This weekend I started to repair the car, unpackaged the bonnet and there damage over the nearside headlight. Pretty annoying as it was the last bit to fit!

Contacted the breakers this morning to explain about the damage, and said they might have missed seeing it before they sent it out. They are now refusing to take back the item – saying I should have let them know within 2 days that the item was damaged (never was this made clear to me) – so they could claim from the courier (there is no was this was damaged in transit, it had so much bubble wrap and cardboard around it).

I paid for the item through Paypal on my credit card. Do I have any kind of buyer protection here?

JAG

Honest answer – I don’t know.

But I have made a similar mistake; bought something from eBay, didn’t unpack it when I received it, waited until I needed it and then found an issue with the item. It was too late to send it back or get a refund etc…..

The Lesson; check it’s right when you receive it. Whatever it is!

Cougar

Consumer Contract Regulations apply here. You’re buying second-hand goods from a trader, you can reject the goods and cancel the order within 14 days of receipt.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Purchase protection – what are my options?’ is closed to new replies.