• This topic has 33 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by jeff.
Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Purbecks recce with photos
  • Anna-B
    Free Member

We did a recce yesterday for the Purbecks ride next weekend. The weather was gorgeous and it was a great day/bike ride. We did bits of the short and long route, so my pics are of both. 1st attempt at fotopic.

For oldfart 😉

Want to do click pics for more pics but I can’t get it to work. Can someone let me know please?

The rest are here

Rest of Purbeck pics

DezB
    Free Member

[ url=www.fotopic.net][ img]image url[ /img][ /url]

🙂

Anna-B
    Free Member

Thanks Dez, just gave it a quick try and it didn’t work still. Gotta go out now, so no more time for further attempts…

DrP

Looking good – really looking forward to it!

Wish I could convince the wifey to come, then we can bring ‘the beast’…

Pic from our ride in the New Forest with Soma Rich 🙂

DrP

jeff

That’s a coincidence – we were doing a purbecks recce ride on Saturday as well.

we had a yellow van in the car park – saw yours on the far side.

which route did you do? We ususally do a 30+ miler figure of eight going over to Swirehead.

knottie8
    Free Member

Cant wait ! Nice pics too.

aleigh
    Free Member

me neither!

rOcKeTdOg

looks nice and flat! 🙂 hope weather stays the same

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

We did a few hours yesterday, weather was lovely, just hope it lasts till the weekend. 9 barrow is no fun in the wind and rain.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Good work Anna. Am still tweaking the route to give some more options. Rocketdog, if you have a GPS I can knock something up for you to split off from us after the first 15k?

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Only one spot I don’t recognise – Rich on a piece of stony singletrack through woods – where’s that, then?

Wish I could join in, hope the weather stays good for you all.

rOcKeTdOg

no gps, but i have a map!

oldfart

Anna (how informal !) thanks for the preview ! getting some shrapnel together to buy your ice cream ! As i am coming from Wurzel central going to be t’other side of the ferry .Seems to make sense to me .(Studland side ) What time do you reckon i need to be there ? (All weather permitting of course !!!!!!!!!!) I know lightweight .Rich going to post a route this week ?

RichPenny
    Free Member

Should have finalised the routes tonight, but started drinking beer… Rocketdog, how far do you think you want to go?

Dorset Knob, That’s the NW bridleway descent from the top of nine barrow down.

Old Fart, do I not have your email address? Will put up final details on wednesday night. I’m hoping that we’ll set off from the car park at 10, but it can be 30 minutes for the ferry depending on our timing. Where are you likely to park, just the other side of the ferry tollgate?

cinnamon_girl

Oooh, this is getting exciting 😀

Anna-B
    Free Member

[ url=www.fotopic.net][ img]image url[ /img][ /url]

Anna-B
    Free Member

Don’t mind me, just trying to do click pic for more pics.

rOcKeTdOg

rich i think we’ll stay with the pootlers for as long as we can (unless we hold you up) then nip off if we fancy it (ice cream maybe calling), we can always retrace our route anyway so don’t stress too much

knottie8
    Free Member

more ride hype required…perhaps a role call on whos turning up….

sharki
    Free Member

Sorry can’t

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

I’m in if my forks are fixed. Its on the doorstep so it would be rude not to.

Strangelove
    Free Member

The ferry leaves the sandbanks on the hour, 20 past and 40 past
    It costs a whopping £1.60 return

If I can shake off this cold I will be there. Its only a twenty minute pootle along the prom so it would be rude not to.

aleigh
    Free Member

I will be there 🙂

andywhit
    Free Member

Riding the Purbecks tomorrow 🙂

oldfart

Are we still having eats at the pub? Should they not have advanced warning or it will take forever? Rich i’ll just park somewhere along the road and scoot down to the ferry terminal .Probably just hang out at the cafe with a coffee and look out for a group of excited kids !!! (CG in particular by the seems of things !!!try and stay calm girl or else you won’t sleep Friday night !!!!)

knottie8
    Free Member

old fart , drive just a little further and be sociable ….

dmjb4
    Free Member

I will be there. Would be quite interested in gps of route as well.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Plan is just a snack at the pub, as all they serve is pasties and pies not full on meals. Spoke to them on Sunday, will call them tomorrow to give them a rough idea of numbers. Knottie, I don’t think we need more hype, reckon we have at least 30 at the moment. Will do a roll call though just to see how it’s going. Oldfart, you mean Sandbanks side yes?

Right, off to finish the routes and maps……

andywhit
    Free Member
    cinnamon_girl

oldfart – thanks for your concern, haven’t been called an excited kid for a long time 😯

As regards sleeping Friday night, well, this kid’s gonna be clubbing
    til I fall over in my killer heels 🙄

Looking forward to meeting everyone … once I have recovered from the transatlantic crossing.

luke
    Free Member

It was a cracking day out on the Purbeck’s today.
    I’m working all weekend otherwise I’d be joining you.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Knottie and Oldwurzelfart are you not going to drive from the wilds of Somerset together…? Although far be it from me to plan your itinerary life travel arrangements and save theplanet singlehandely…. 😉

theotherjonv

just back – my first ride there – and it was fantastic!

Real ‘big sky’ riding; big climbs and descents with great views*. Top day out with BOB’s skivers ride. 33 miles and lots of climbs (not ‘just 4’ as per what i was promised)

* Apart from the bit past the naturist beach.

jeff

So, which route are you planning?

Not planning on joining you, just interested.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Purbecks recce with photos’ is closed to new replies.