Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Pumptrack racing near Edinburgh, who fancies it?
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

It looks like we are going to try and do an evening of pumptrack racing near Edinburgh in the next few months. We are looking to do it to raise some money for a little lass with cerebral palsy that is after a special bike that will help her to strengthen her legs and allow her to take part in races. There’s an article here with more information. We have a site in mind just a few miles outside Edinburgh and were thinking a Friday evening once the days are a bit longer. What do people think, trying to gauge interest and ideas really.

Northwind

I’d be well up for that. Or if you need extra hands for the event give me a shout

Starter sessions would be a good idea I reckon, it can be pretty offputting seeing people who can actually do it and knowing you’re going to look like a fanny. That’s why I always waited til I was pissed before I gave it a go.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

My idea at the moment is to be set up by 5pm if possible with racing from 7pm but I think we’ll have to play it by ear. Also I was thinking as its for charity and as we’ve never charged before, we might ask for donations rather than charging a fee. Might suggest an amount.

phatstanley
    Free Member

i’m in edinburgh and would love to be involved/help out… 😀

scotroutes

Gimme a shout Steven. Happy to admin. Can’t be any harder than dealing with a bunch of school kids….. can it?

scotlandthedave
    Free Member

i’m Stirling way but that sounds like a laugh, so would be happy to attend / help. Could probably rustle up a few other bodies from this way too.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

The sooner the better…a few months can be an awfully long time for someone like that. Is the site in place?

joshvegas
    Free Member

Its sounds fun and hurty.

Who wants to show me how to pump?

jamiep
    Free Member

Im in Edinburgh and would like to help, (and would like a pump lesson!)

mtbel
    Free Member

Sophie’s in 🙂

mtbel
    Free Member

I’ll race for burgers

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

For anybody wanting to donate now, Kelsey’s mum has set up a “go fund me”, you can find the link on the Bike Track People Facebook page, it’s quite near the top. I’ll try and a post a direct link on here later.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

You can buy your own burgers, not that you need any. I’m sure we can manage a few lessons.

jimmy

*hand up*

For lessons and racing and donation.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

We’re thinking sometime in May, gives us enough time to build the new track and sunset is around 9pm for the beginning of May.

AlasdairMc

I’m game too. Can you create a Facebook event for it or something?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Once we have set a date we will do that. It’ll definitely be an event on the Bike Track People Facebook page. Will also be aiming to advertise it elsewhere. Hopefully it’ll be a good night even just for spectating.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Put the evening of the 8th of May in your diaries folks.

mtbel
    Free Member

My Birthday!!!

😀

TY xx

onehundredthidiot

I’ll see if we can bring ours up if you want. I’ll need to persuade Keith.

scotlandthedave
    Free Member

sounds like a great laugh, i’ll keep an eye on the FB page

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I shoulda said its going to be at the Scottish Mining Museum in Midlothian. Two tracks would be great if we can get enough space.

stanfree
    Free Member

Sounds good and I’m off that weekend . 😀

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Grand, I think the old man will probably need a lift home once he’s beaten everybody and celebrated with burgers and beers.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Just over a week to go.

AlasdairMc

Looking forward to it.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Cheers Al. Hoping for a return of the warmer weather and a good turnout.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Pumptrack racing near Edinburgh, who fancies it?’ is closed to new replies.