Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Pump recommendations
  • olibluegoat
    Free Member

Right, after yet another pump insisting on removing my valve core. This time actually getting stuck inside the pump head I’m looking for pump recommendations. Ideally something that doesn’t take half a day to inflate a tyre. Was thinking of going for the One Up 100c. Anyone using this or could recommend anything else?

Rubber_Buccaneer

OneUp pumps only work on presta unless you also carry an adaptor. They are good pumps

Marko

Topeak Mountain Morph.

NOT the utter garbage Lazy-ne ones. Possibly the worst pump ever. No, I tell a lie that award goes to Topeak Race rocket. JUNK.

clubby

Mountain Morph. Not too long and pumps a 29×2.5 in no time.

butcher

No, I tell a lie that award goes to Topeak Race rocket. JUNK.

Any reason? That’s my fave. Religiously used a Road Morph previously. Threw a Lezyne in the bin. The Race Rocket was originally purchased for the race bike, keeping weight to a minimum, but then became the only pump I’ve used in the past 5 years or so, because it worked perfectly well and it seemed pointless carrying anything bigger.

oldnpastit

Silca Tattico.

Tattico mini-pump

Pumps up really well, almost as good as a track pump. Valve core stays where it belongs.

olibluegoat
    Free Member

Cheers folks

winston
    Free Member

I bought the One Up 100c about 6 months ago.

Pros:

Brilliant pump, probably the best bike mounted pump I’ve used and to paraphrase Monty python, I should know I’ve used a few!

obviously can put the EDC tool in it.

Good bottle cage mount – very strong and secure.

Has a co2 nozzle built in

Cons:

Expensive if you lose it as I nearly did, especially with the tool in it! (Didn’t come out of mount btw was me being idiot)

Heavy and a large form factor – not one for the jersey pocket that’s for sure.

Dents and scratches easily – looks used quite quickly.

All in all Id say it’s a good bit of kit and they have definitely thought about the design unlike every Lezyne pump I’ve had the misfortune to use.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.