Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Pugsley question
  • flashes
    Free Member

I’ve bought a Pugsley.

A couple of questions;
    Is the 32 X 20 a bit ambitious?
    Apart from the Surly ones what other tubes are out there, ideally lighter?
    When is it going to snow?

singlespeedstu

I use 2.5 DH tubes in my fat front.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

The met office have said no snow for atleast the next 3 years … so you might as well sell it me!

flashes
    Free Member

Hopefully heading to Bream Sands on Sunday……….this purchase has taken years, then suddenly, just as I finished building up a fixed Genesis IO, there it was……..

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

‘Tis very nice … enjoy.

cozz
    Free Member

I use 3,0 downhill tubes in mine

mocha
    Free Member

32×20 will be fine. Works for me in the South Pennines.

epicyclo

I had mine in the peatbogs of Harris last week.

Got an Alfine on it and rode around mostly on my usual 29 gearing (3/4 gear) which is equivalent to 32/20, but when up to axles in bog a lower gear was useful.

I’ll probably run it single speed most of the time because the weight is appalling and makes it a b@st@rd to lift over fences, large rocks etc.

Here’s mine, let’s see yours in action 🙂

grantway
    Free Member

Love the look of thoughs bikes
    god knows how hard it will be to do a full run in thoughs tyres

allankelly

Oh, I do love these… So why does it take years to buy one? Money? Availability? Or does it take that long to pump up the tyres?!

😉

epicyclo

It takes ages to get all the bits together to build one. You keep getting sticker shock…

Going half-fat is a good way to edge into it though, eg:

You’ll recognise the rider 🙂

coastkid
    Free Member

as mentioned 2.5 DH tubes are fine, you will enjoy the beach, a very different riding experiance,

set your tyre pressure to around 9 psi front 10 rear, tyre pressure makes a massive change to grip,
    i ride 40/50 mile days often and its not too bad,is heavy to carry but get you fit 😮
    has wierd steering on tarmac with low pressures but not too slow once rolling,
    mind take some pics 😮

flashes
    Free Member

I actually counted the teeeth, it’s actually running 32 X 18 but with a spare 20t freewheel on the front wheel, I may swap wheels….

ChrisB
    Free Member

Hey flashes, you still got that 20″ 1X1? If so, and you want to sell it, email me with the address in my profile. Thanks.

flashes
    Free Member

Still got it, find me the equivalent in a 16″ and it’s all yours..

Otherwise it’s my winter commuter, so I can lay up the Overbury, too nice to get salty…………

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Flashes, I’ve got a 1×1 in 16″ I’m selling soon, my email is in my profile.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

I use a 3″ donwhill tube, they’re 1.5mm thick and they don’t puncture well worth the extra weight. I always pump up the fattys for road use – about 15psi – makes a big difference. Also get a Larry up front, so much better than the endomorph.

flashes
    Free Member

mansonsoul, I’ve emailed you. V interested.

Everyone else, I don’t suppose anyone’s selling a Larry?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Pugsley question’ is closed to new replies.