Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Pub/walk recommends North Wessex Downs kinda area
  • RobHilton
    Free Member

Got a date on Sunday & it looks like she’ll be bringing 4 dogs with her 🙂 Somewhere they can run-around, we can walk & talk and finish with decent dinner would be nice. Good vegetarian might be a big ask, but it’s not mandatory.

I’m in Swindon, she’s in Thatcham so something kinda in-between would suit.

Any suggestions?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Great country on the Ridgeback above the Royal Oak at Bishopstone. Ditto the hills above The Watership Down at Freefolk.

If the latter, let me know the time and I’ll be the official STW photographer. 😉

JulianA
    Free Member

The Carpenter’s Arms in Burghclere isn’t far from Watership Down either. Was nice when we went there a few years ago.

The Red Lion in Overton’s great, and the Watership Down is also good as CFH says.

Rockape63
    Free Member

I’d be more worried about dating a woman with FOUR dogs! Sounds like you could come well down the priority list……like 5th!

RobHilton
    Free Member

You don’t know how many cats I’ve got mate :mrgreen:

uponthedowns
    Free Member

I can second Flashy’s suggestion of the Royal Oak in Bishopstone, especially if you like piggy. Plenty of walking on the Ridgeway. Also how about a stroll in the Kennet Valley finishing at The Bell in Ramsbury (used to be my local)

RobHilton
    Free Member

Piggy? Don’t say they do awesome belly pork?
    I can’t go on a date with a veggie and consume mammals in front of her – it wouldn’t be right!

Cheers for the suggestions guys, of not this weekend then I’ll defnly give some of these a try-out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Pub/walk recommends North Wessex Downs kinda area’ is closed to new replies.