Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Pubs/Food in Bets-Y-Coed
  • itchy
    Free Member

Off there next weekend for a couple of days biking, any decent pubs or somewhere to eat in the evening, be it a takeaway or restaurant?

easygirl

theres a great hotel, does tasty homemade food, steak pie is delicious

not sure what its called, but its a large stone hotel think its called the gwydr hotel, its on the main street opposite the entrance to the visitor centre, serves real ale as well.
    it looks a bit old fashioned and upmarket from outside, but go into the bar and you wont be dissapointed

hora
    Free Member

At the Y-fork in the road (where you turn left upto Penmachno or right into Betwys) avoid the stone pub there. Appalling service. I even made a caustic remark upon paying.

Tracey

Glan Aber hotel does good food at reasonable prices

wheelz
    Free Member

I’d second the Glan Aber hotel. I was there for a couple of days last week and ate in the bar both nights. The lamb and leek pie was so good on the first night, I had it on the second as well!

grumm
    Free Member

I would strongly, strongly recommend the betws y coed bistro – http://bistrobetwsycoed.demoweb4-u.co.uk/

Amazing food and a lovely place – not mega expensive either. One of the best meals I have ever had.

slowmedown
    Free Member

grumm speaks the truth.

Nick

Yeah but the Glan Aber server Black Sheep last time I was there = winner, food looked good too but we were self catering in a cottage a couple of doors up.

grumm
    Free Member

Looks like that Glan Aber hotel is also recommended by the betws y coed bistro ppl – http://bistrobetwsycoed.demoweb4-u.co.uk/eating/item/1112/Glan_Aber_.html

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Stables Bar in the Royal Oak Hotel although not as good as it used to be is still pretty decesnt for food. Usually has one or two decent hand pulled ales as well.

wheelz
    Free Member

Unfortunately, there was no Black Sheep in the Glan Aber hotel when I was there. However, the Tetleys, while in no way comparable to Thirsk’s finest, was pretty good.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Pubs/Food in Bets-Y-Coed’ is closed to new replies.