Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Pubs in Richmond on Thames
  • thejesmonddingo

I’m down there for my niece’s wedding at the weekend.Any recommendations for friendly pubs with good beer to relax in?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

What’s that one by eel pie island that does the bbqs by the river ?

thejesmonddingo

I dunno,I’ve never been there ?

mogrim

There are a couple of nice pubs on the Green – the Cricketers and the Prince’s Head. Down by the river (next to the bridge) there’s a Slug and Lettuce (pretty crap) and the White Cross (considerably better). Lovely view over the river.

Andy_B

The Roebuck on Richmond Hill is a nice spot on a summers evening. Take your beer across the road and enjoy one of the best views in the area.

mogrim

And if you’ve got a few hours to kill and the weather’s nice, you could do worse than to walk down the towpath to Kew and have a pint or two on the Green there.

poolman
    Free Member

Thats the white swan opp eel pie island in twickenham. V nice pub

jambalaya
    Free Member

As above White Cross is the place to try, nice view, sunny terrace. Biggest problem will be if its a nice day it will be packed. The Pitcher and Piano next to the Bridge is a backup as are the pubs around the Green

The White Swan in Twickenham is one of my regulars prior to rugby, however its quite a long walk from Richmond. You may get lucky and find a meter on Orleans Road/Riverside (from Richmond side, there is no parking on the Twickenham side)

juanking

Aye, the Roebuck on Richmond Hill or the White Swan down by the river on the Twickenham side both get my vote.

poolman
    Free Member

I like the pub on the river just off the green mentioned above. A few years ago I was walking along the super posh rd linking green and pub and i saw cleggie from last of the summer wine washing his car there, he must live in one of the terraces by the pub. Sorry forgot his name.

theres a few pedestrian ferries linking richmond and twickenham. 1 by ham house

mefty
    Free Member

In terms of view the Roebuck is by far the best, I don’t bother with the pubs by the River, Prince’s Head on Green is pretty nice, there should be pub cricket on the Green on both Saturday and Sunday, I don’t bother with the Cricketers.

The Marlborough on Friars Stile Road is popular among the locals and has a big beer garden. Likewise the White Horse on Worple Way near the junction of Church St and Sheen Rd.

My view is the pubs in Richmond are far better than the ones in Kew – Kew is lovely but dont go for the pubs.

I wouldn’t make a special journey to the White Swan in Twickenham either, there is a White Swan in Richmond too in Old Palace Lane off the Green.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Pubs in Richmond on Thames’ is closed to new replies.