Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Public Service Broadcasting
  • Rockhopper
    Free Member

Saw them last night at Rock City (sixth time now). Interesting to see how they have evolved over the time I’ve been watching them. Started off just the two of them now it’s four plus three guys on the brass section plus Mr Willgoose was actually speaking to us instead of using samples like they used to! Still superb though.
    Oh and the support act, a band called Palace are now my new favourites! Stunning.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Seeing them for second time in Brizzle on Monday. Will be getting there in time for Palace as well. 🙂

thegreatape
    Free Member

Would love to see them live. Race for Space is my boys’ favourite and is demanded every time we go out in the car.

DickBarton

Do they have any new material out soon? Their music is excellent.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

New album was released about six weeks ago hence the current tour. It’s called Every Valley.

DickBarton

Ah bugger…completely missed that…thanks.

rone

Good album that.

fatoldgit

Saw them in Leeds earlier in the week and loved it, a great night out.

Only got into them as a result of an impulse random purchase of a vinyl version of Live at Brixton and really pleased I discovered them.

Every Valley is far more political than any of their past stuff but that’s the nature of the topic, it’s still a cracking album so don’t let that put you off them if it’s your first taste of PSB,

aphex_2k
    Free Member

There’s a Race for Space remix album which is really good too.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

They do an awful lot of remixes if you check out Apple Music or whatever.

kayla1
    Free Member

We saw them at the Rammy B festival last year and they were ace.

donks
    Free Member

We went last night but missed the support…. damn!
    PSB were quality though, I was stood not far from wrigglesworth and pretty much watched in awe at his drumming and style… what a precussionist he is.
    I was slightly meh about the new album but it’s really got me now and is one of those pieces of music that just gets better with more listens.

binners

Seen them live a few times and they’re fantastic. One of the few bands where instead of a playlist, you’ll just stick the whole album on. Every Valley is great

I’ll have to have a listen to Palace. Cheers for the heads-up 🙂

PSB at Rammy Festival last year…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I was slightly meh about the new album but it’s really got me now and is one of those pieces of music that just gets better with more listens.

Takes a bit longer than RFS, but it really is a grower.

curto80
    Free Member

Going Tuesday, even though it means going to P*rtsmouth. That’s how much I want to see them live.

maxtorque

PSB have filled the void left by Groove Armada i think !

Coyote
    Free Member

Not heard them before, I’ll check them out on Spotify.

ChrisL

I’ve seen them quite a lot in the last few years. I ended up passing on this tour as I saw them at the Usher Hall earlier this year and I’ve still not really got into Every Valley yet.

I’m sort of sad that they’ve ditched using pre-recorded messages for audience interaction, it was distinctive and surprisingly funny.

No matter how good their music is, this may be Public Service Broadcasting’s greatest contribution to the world. It should be played before all gigs:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOlmjrGhZvo[/video]

choppersquad
    Free Member

Quality video^^
    They’ve been on my bucket list to see them since the War Room ep.
    Going to see them in Hammersmith on Thursday so thanks for the heads up about the support. Will definitely try to get there early enough.
    If they play Signal 30 I will die a happy man!

verses

Saw them at Latitude a few years ago. Was randomly stood next to Ruby Wax…

aP
    Free Member

We’re going on Thursday too. Quite looking forward to it. I will not be wearing a mtb branded T-shirt.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I’ve not really got into Every Valley yet either but to their credit they didn’t do a lot of it live.
    They didn’t do Signal 30 but they did Spitfire, Night Mail plus two or three others from the first album.
    GO was amazing with the guy playing the bass really getting into it!

aP
    Free Member

Hammersmith was great tonight – they closed with the Welsh colliery choir. And the Sputnick spacemen turned up.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Yep it was pretty amazing.
    No Signal 30 and a strange slow one, but apart from that, great.

doordonot
    Free Member

Saw them in Brizzle on Monday night. Wasn’t that impressed by Palace. Just seemed a bit meh. PSB were pretty good if seemingly a little too fixed to the routine. Visuals were good. I loved the tune with the backdrop of mining in the Welsh pits (I think). Don’t know what it was called though.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

They were great last night. A long trip for the male voice choir for 2 minutes singing but at least they got more stage time than the marching band – 30 seconds of banging cymbals together out of time (not mic-ed so inaudible anyway)

Sound quality was excellent.

Ages since I’ve been to Hammersmith – is it always that hard to move around? Could barely get through the doors downstairs

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I found them very cheesy when I listened to them a few years ago. Will perhaps try again

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Gutted to have missed them and Jean Michel Jarre at the Blue Dot festival a couple of years ago.

Love their work, The Waroom EP is a favorite for the car.

robvalentine

Awesome set last night, not sure about the point of the 8 bars of marching band, and annoyed they didn’t play sputnik, or signal 30. Awesome show otherwise. The voice choir was pretty awesome, they seemed made up by the reception. They even got a cheer walking accross the standing area after the show.

Took **** ages to get out though cos narrow doors…. gggrrrrr…..

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I found them very cheesy when I listened to them a few years ago.

I sort of dismissed them early on as being pretty derivative – mining a similar sample based seam to B.A.D. and The Orb but the quality of their archive source material, and how they use it, lifts it. Live they obviously realised that they were never going to be ‘rock stars’ and the video/lighting made for a great show.

Longarmedmonkey

Race for space is a little easier to access than Every Valley but I like them both. Lucky enough to see them in Ebbw Vale (in the very room the album was recorded).

jam1e
    Free Member

New PSB UK tour dates announced.

Tickets on sale Friday

choppersquad
    Free Member

No London dates?
    What gives?

somafunk

They are playing at the Big Burns Supper January celebrations in Dumfries , info here. Looking forward to seeing them again – we booked them for our Wickerman festival a few years ago and it’s a toss up between them and Nile Rodgers for my fav ever acts to play at the festival.

seadog101

Just typical, dates dont work out for my workkk….

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Public Service Broadcasting’ is closed to new replies.