Pub suggestions around Dumfries

Home Forum Chat Forum Pub suggestions around Dumfries

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Pub suggestions around Dumfries
  • Premier Icon mrh86
    Subscriber

Going away next weekend and staying near dumfries. Any suggestions for nice pubs around there?

Cheers

teagirl

Pub in Moniave is good and lovely cafe there too. Not really very near 7Stanes tho' but scenic area. Plenty on offer round Dumfries area tho, no shortage.

Premier Icon Stoner
    Subscriber

there arent any. take your own beer with you.

Premier Icon MrGreedy
    Subscriber

Proper beer is fairly hard to come by round there, but the Laurie Arms in Haugh of Urr (near Dalbeattie) is a CAMRA award winner and has excellent local food – I really can't recommend it enough. Annoyingly I only found it on the last day of my holiday or I'd have been in there loads.

andrewy33

Dumfries is not too bad for a pint!! There are a few busier pubs, the usual larger chain pubs that are quite busy but there are also some alright old mans pubs that you can have a quiet drink in. Nowhere is really that rough….
    I have been going out in Dumfries for years and its really not that bad ( just avoid jumpin jaxs, it really is sh1te)

Premier Icon Trekster
    Subscriber

Jaks and Chancers are to be avoided. The newest "hotspot" is the Granary or the old Queensberry whch has been revamped.

For good beer the Bazzar on the Whitesands. Further along in Brewery St the Whitehart is OK early on but gets a bit rowdy later on.
    Up on StMicheals St is Greens then work your way down to the Lyver..lost it s atmosphere since the smoking ban tho. Then the one across the road, Baker St.

You must visit the Hole in the Wa on the High St and the Barrel opposite the Queensberry then slide down to Slipstream which has been recently renovated.

For pub grub Cavens Arms on Buccleugh St then up to the Bruce/Witherspoons for the cheap beer.

I will be doing a tour something like that on 14th Nov with the fanylion racing posse;
    the fanylion posse

simonralli2

Trekster – good call on that as a plan. Hole in the Wa gets my votes as it's my local. Plenty of alright places in Dumfries!

Premier Icon Trekster
    Subscriber

hows it goin Simon ❓

Been wet up here recently ➡

Looking forward to it John!

Premier Icon Trekster
    Subscriber

shortbread_fanylion – Member

Looking forward to it John!

Got a couple of new bits in Mabie to play on 😆

Good stuff. Get them trails nice and dry you hear!

simonralli2

John

Not been doing too much riding as v busy! But yeah, all well and first essay written already which is making me feel quite good and learning loads * cough *

Ahem as you will see 😀

http://www.flickr.com/photos/simonralli/4071832229/

Hole in the Wa is a magical experince – you must go mrh86!

Trekster + Shortbread see ya soon!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Pub suggestions around Dumfries’ is closed to new replies.