Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Pub near Wembley?
  • crispo
    Free Member

Heading down to Wembley next weekend to watch the mighty PNE in the play offs final. Planning on meeting up with some friends before hand for a pint or two.

Suggestions of good pubs near by? The Camra Good Beer guide which I usually rely on isn’t throwing much up!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

there appears to be a pub called The Preston, on Preston Road,…would seem the obvious choice…never been there mind.

Edric64
    Free Member

The Green Man was suggested for our trip Yesterday gets rammed though .We saw the mighty Bristol Rovers get back in the league UTG

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Don’t think there’s much decent around there.

Avoid the ‘Sports Bar’ along from Wembley Park Underground Station, it’s pretty dreadful

For a proper WTF is going on here place, try the Watkin’s Folly. The people are nice enough, but it’s proper odd, and the toilets…… Well, certainly surprising!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Edric, I was there yesterday as a ‘neutral’. Entertaining enough, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen so much cramp in a game of football before

The Grimsby fans didn’t look too impressed in the pics I took!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/sPenYG]17th May 2015[/url] by -Cheesyfeet-, on Flickr

domtastic
    Free Member

There aren’t any good pubs around Wembley, but plenty in West Hampstead (the gallery, black lion, or Alice house) or Kilburn (North London Tavern) or Willesden Green (Queensbury) which are then just a few stops on the jubilee line. If you want to be close to Wembley then the green Man. Depending on how busy it will be the police may have allocated pubs around Wembley to each team though.

stumpy01

There’s The Green Man on Dagmar Avenue,

JJ Moons on the High street isn’t too bad,

Or The Liquor Station next door is OK.

The Preston on Preston Road is quite nice.

The Black Horse in Greenford is very nice, but is through the other end of Wembley high road and maybe too far

There’s the Torch up at the top of Wembley Park Drive. Not been in there, but it’s a popular pub on event days as it’s close to Wembley Park Station.

The Fusilier, which is also down the other end of Wembley High Rd used to be a good pub, but again might be a bit too far away – it’s near the Police Station, so I think is their local haunt!

My most frequented pub was The Dog & Duck at North Wembley, but that’s now unfortunately a Tesco Express….!

Edric64
    Free Member

Agree our players looked knackered with cramp at the end and a bit off key throughout the game .We took our penalties well though

MrGreedy

Worth bearing in mind that your choice of pubs may be restricted by the Met’s “pub split”, based on which end of the ground you’re in. I can’t find anything about the playoffs, but there’s details from the FA cup semis on the Football Supporters’ Federation website:
    http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/wembley-pub-split-2015-fa-cup-semi-finals

senorj

The Green Man.

samcamsdad

Gutted I’m not going to this. The first time north end are at Wembley in 20
    Odd years and I’ll be in Oban, on holiday!!
    Hope it’s a great day for you crispo, and we get the play off hoodo Broken once and for all.
    Up the whites!!

eskay

I think that was probably Rovers’ most important result in their history. If they had stayed in the conference for another year I think administration would have been almost inevitable.

dave32
    Free Member

Why don’t you do what a lot of the northern fans do, Park at Hillingdon/Ruislip/Ickenham and get the train in..free parking, no traffic jams trying to get out after either.

eskay

Are the trains still striking this weekend?

dave32
    Free Member

According to tfl there’s only planned work on district and hammersmith, won’t affect you going from either of those stations..also you can park up in the golf club opposite west ruislip station and get the overground if there is any

crispo
    Free Member

Thanks for all the comments. The guys we are going with have booked the car parking already so will be parking up at the stadium.

Looking at it Wembley Stadium is on the chiltern line so not probably the one to jump on for a couple of stops for a beer. Guess the tube up at Wembley Park or Wembley Central is the best bet?

Will do a bit of a google on some of the others listed!

dave32
    Free Member

Yep just jump on any train at Wembley station easy enough to get out for a beer, good luck with the parking..just remember even on match days you can’t drink on the tube..you don’t want your beer taken off you!! even worse watching it get tipped away…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Pub near Wembley?’ is closed to new replies.