Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • PSA(ish) for 10 speeders SLX Shadow+ Rear Mechs £14.99
  • Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Pretty good if your still using 10 speeds, SLX Shadow+ Rear Mechs £14.99 from CRC, only long cage, but good price to have one as a spare.

Oh, and they do have some cheap Sram X9 Type2 10 speeds as well – short cage – £22.99

Don’t know how you add a link here so you’ll have to go look

mereditp
    Free Member

ordered. thanks.

andy4d

I ordered one of these the other day and a spare Slx m675 front brake for 19.99.

velocipede
    Free Member

That’s annoying – thought I’d done well buying one for £19.99 earlier this week – ah well – I’ll buy another one as a spare!!!

benp1

What’s the downside of using long cage instead of medium?

I’m 1×10, currently 40t max but could go more one day I guess

Andy

In my experience it works fine. You might need a couple of extra links so the cage works a bit more effectively in the big ring.

For a larger big sprocket a medium cage will still be fine. I use a medium cage XT 11 speed on my 11-46t 10 speed. That mech may not cope with larger than 42t depending on your particular bike, but you could add a goat link to increase the range.

I have bought one as a spare for a bike running 10 speed 11-42.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Ordered

Some cracking deals on Shimano hydro rs785 brakes too

csb

Why wouldnt this work with 9 speed? Is it the chain width?

igm

Cable pull

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

9 speed – I’m sure people were adding a spacer or washers to the cable clamp when these ‘+’ mechs came out to tweak the leverage/cable pull

Jerome
    Free Member

And bought – woo goo – my first shadow mech ..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘PSA(ish) for 10 speeders SLX Shadow+ Rear Mechs £14.99’ is closed to new replies.