Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • PSA(ish) – 30t Narrow/Wide RaceFace chainrings £39.99 delivered
  • bacondoublechee
    Free Member

Not a total bargain but I thought this might help someone, a good £5-£10 cheaper than elsewhere and in stock.

http://www.rutlandcycling.com/153449/products/raceface-narrow-wide-chainring—30t.aspx

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Get them before SRAM start carpet bombing.

wukfit
    Free Member

34t in red £33.99

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kimbers

thats probably the cheapest way to loose half a kilo from your bike and make it a bit more reliable!

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Can someone explain, in layman’s terms, what these are and why I would want them?

AlexSimon

Do any solutions exist for getting a large cassette cog (40t) on a 9-speed or are they only 10-speed?

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Merlin 4p cheaper! I got mine in the christmas sale for £38.

Though I would only buy RF for 30t otherwise I would buy works components.

http://www.merlincycles.com/race-face-narrow-wide-single-chainring-62555.html

woody2000

TCB on Rutland – 3.15%, making it £38.77 🙂

jools182
    Free Member

StefMcDef – Member
    Can someone explain, in layman’s terms, what these are and why I would want them?

I’m not 100% sure but I think they are instead of using a chain device

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

Remove front mech/chain device and existing chainrings, add one of these and a clutch mech, enjoy your 9 or 10 trouble free gears and a fractionally lighter, better looking bike.

flyingmonkeycorps

It’s a single chainring with alternating thick and thin teeth – like your chain has thick and thin gaps. Combined with a clutch mech they’re REALLY good at keeping your chain on.

Andy

I wouldn’t touch Rutland. Have ordered twice from them and both times its been a complete nightmare 😥

wukfit
    Free Member

i bought my TCR from them in September, no problems at all

althepal

Noted

CheesybeanZ

or buy a Works components for £35.00 and support a small UK company who make great quality stuff .

kimbers

^^ but no 30T

mcnultycop

My 30t was £35 from the LBS. Regular customer rate though.

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

CheesybeanZ – Member
    or buy a Works components for £35.00 and support a small UK company who make great quality stuff .

I already have a Goldtec one in 32t which has been excellent, but they won’t make me a 30t one despite a lot of begging and I need all the easy gears I can get on marathon stuff.

CheesybeanZ

ah didn’t realise their smallest was a 32t .

sas78

For SRAM Works Components do a spiderless one to 28T.

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

The 30t needs machining from a wider billet of metal to allow for the tabs that space the ring away from the crank arm, hence it is slightly more complex and expensive to make and not as readily available.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘PSA(ish) – 30t Narrow/Wide RaceFace chainrings £39.99 delivered’ is closed to new replies.