Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • PSA:Half price DHX5 air's
  • LoCo
    Free Member

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

As reviled as the original that half the pros refuse to tune or service, or is the PP version an improvement?

I got on with mine eventually but only thanks to the combined tweaking experience of the Internet.

robhughes
    Free Member

Not my cup o tea but just thought i’d throw it on here as received in an email.
    God knows why because iv’e never heard of the company..

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Its the mail order wing of Broadribbs, my LBS and they’ve been around for years, think they used to be big in bmx.

Wasn’t dissing your PSA, the 5air had a lot of haters, I’m genuinely curious if newer models were better.

chakaping
    Free Member

Do you reckon that Loco (the suspension expert above) wrote a glowing endorsement of the product but then thought better of it and decided to delete his comment?

😉

messiah
    Free Member

I love my DHX Air… but it’s insides were replaced by Avalanche Downhill Racing so it’s not really a DHX anymore :mrgreen:

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

or flagged the thread so he can go and buy them all up, then gut them 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

My dhx coil is as good as messiahs (for exactly the same reason actually).

robhughes
    Free Member

Loco’d dhx5 coil here.Superb little thing.. 😉

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Hi I bought a used Kona coilair a few years ago. It had a DHX air as standard and fox 36 talas forks Looked like a good buy at £500.
    Picked it up and it would blow the travel just riding off kerbs. Checked the air pressure and it was about 170psi which seemed ok for my weight (80)kg. Gave mojo a call and they said yeah no problem jut keep adding air. I got it up to about 220 psi (if i recall thats more than fox recommended) had to get another shock pump that went higher then mine! Read up on what all the adjusters did etc and went on a ride and took the pump and a bit of play. It ended up being really really good. firm on the smooth stuff supple on the small bumps but not going too hard through the travel dropping off 5 foot to flat.
    i would have another. That said its still £220!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘PSA:Half price DHX5 air's’ is closed to new replies.