Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • PSA:Hafjell DH live now
  • rOcKeTdOg

Men Live now, course looks difficult, quite a few crashes

wildheart
    Free Member

Loving that cablecam on the top section.
    Maybe this a good course and conditions for Danny Hart ?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

great course. Proper tricky.

Rachel Atherton was very impressive (and pretty loose).

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I hate my internet connection, never been able to watch live streams successfully 🙁

BoardinBob

Cable cam is awesome

BoardinBob

I hate my internet connection, never been able to watch live streams successfully

Load up the stream, let it play for a few seconds the pause it. Leave it paused for a few minutes then unpause it. Should then play OK and hopefully it won’t catch up with the live stream

IanMunro
    Free Member

Conditions damper than Prince Philips underpants 😀

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Go Danny

soundninjauk

Aaaaand there goes all the work I was just planning to do.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Thanks – on it now

honourablegeorge

Go Danny.

Seeing that run and hearing that he runs a spike on the rear and a dry tyre up front. Man, I’d be so dead.

soundninjauk

Last time I rode down a grassy hill that damp I tried to turn left at a corner and my bike just ignored my wishes and carried straight on. How on earth they stay on is beyond me. Such skill.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Smith’s time looks strong

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Really wanted Hart to win this. Come on Gee.

sc-xc

Ouch

reggiegasket
    Free Member

tree hugger

lucien

RW – “wetter than a dolphin with an incontinence problem”

mindmap3
    Free Member

Those conditions were awful. Peaty was immense trough the rock sections and I love watching Hart in the wet.

Got to say that I think Stevie will take the overall title he seems to be peaking at the right time and I’m not sure Gee is dealing with the pressure all that well which is a shame beaus he looked unstoppable to start with.

Rachel s miles ahead of the other ladies and Manon has done well. Two Brits topped the jnr men’s too.

I have no idea how we produce so many top DH riders given the lack of mountains in this country.

Speeder

Mindmap – it’s the Peaty effect and the fact that certainly until recently if you want to do uplifts in this country you had to race.

We also have some amazing series run by very dedicated people who make it very (expense excluded) accessible.

That and we ride all year and while other mountainous countries switch to snowsports for the winter, us Brits just get on with racing in the mud. This makes our skills better and means we do more competitive riding in any given year. Even if the runs are a bit short.

Oh and we’re a small country and racing in the series is relatively cheap compared to say France or the US where the travelling is much more onerous.

It’s just a perfect environment for it really as bizarre as that sounds given the geography.

Coyote
    Free Member

Amazing runs by Rachel, Danny Hart and Steve Smith. Hats off to Peaty too, excellent riding.

Where was Gwin. He has definitely been off the pace this series but a complete no show today.

mikey74
    Free Member

Gwin is out with a shoulder injury. I think he picked it up at the World Champs.

lucien

Amazing runs by Rachel, Danny Hart and Steve Smith. Hats off to Peaty too, excellent riding.

Where was Gwin. He has definitely been off the pace this series but a complete no show today.

He’s injured his shoulder and off the bike

mtbfix

soundninjauk about sums it up for me. In spite of the example set yesterday I shall still be hitting the corners this autumn at full mince in case I fall off.

honourablegeorge

That fast stepdown into a left hand berm was brilliant to watch. Mick Hannah ploughed straight over the berm. You could see Smith had the extra speed, he rocketed round it.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

The momentum is definitely with Smith now. With just 17 points between them they may as well be even-stevens. In fact smith could steal away that 17 point advantage in qualifying alone.

Should be an absolute corker next weekend. Come on Gee!!

dannyh
    Free Member

Watched this yesterday – what a really good course!

Some big jumps near the top for the hucksters, some super-steep nasty rocks n roots, some flat out wide and drift corners, some pedalling required too!

wordnumb
    Free Member

This was great, the course looked lethal. Loved Cunynghame’s description of Sam Hill in the pits trying to figure out how to use roll-off goggles. Red Bull need to give Warner more latitude though, you can hear him censoring himself.

Danny Hart and Peaty both seem to ride better in bad conditions, Peat in particular looked so fast.

iridebikes
    Free Member

It was an amazing race to watch. Smith looked so quick, but I really wanted Danny Hart to win.

Sadly my friend an mentally quick junior ruder Phil aAtwill broke his collar bone in practice, but the other. Jnrs did us proud

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘PSA:Hafjell DH live now’ is closed to new replies.