Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • PSA XT Shadow Plus rear mech £35
  • iainc

Johnny, i agree however I am after a spare one and currently have a long which works fine. I never go big big but do sometimes go big and second biggest at back

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

My original post was re-posted in this thread and I added a comment to this thread. Why are people peeved they got SGS’s after reading the advice earlier (shakes head)? Of course the guy at On One seemed to think each one was a one off error.

Mister-P
    Free Member

No you don’t need a box but that would have a code on it that told you what the mech is. When this topic came up a while ago I measured the cage on a GS 10 speed mech and reported that it is 95mm between jockey wheel bolts.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Tracey

Measured four of our gs ones, all XT 10 speed clutch mechs, including one in a box waiting to be fitted to replace a damaged one and they all measure 80mm the one delived today measured 100mm. Something isnt right as there cant be that much difference in cage lengths if they are indeed gs.

JohnnyPanic

Indeed.

monsho
    Free Member

Mine just arrived – long cage – going back.

Annoying.

tops5
    Free Member

Long cage for me too

timidwheeler
    Free Member

I’ve ordered one for a 38/24 11-36 set up. Do you guys think an XT long cage would be better than a medium cage SLX?
    I have been riding rough rocky stuff and having issues with the chain jumping about on my old 3x set up. Sorry for the hijack thanks for any advice.

Tracey

Email from them that they are paying me back for the returned wrong one. Checked on site and they are now out of stock.

wheelie

No box = OEM?

Tracey

Box or no box, OEM or not. Its not what was on the web site or what was delivered. As a mater of interest how many got a proper sized GS and how many have just accepted its the wrong size and kept it anyway. They have sold all of them so it must have worked for them.

iainc

Yay, I wanted a long one and that’s what turned up, I’m probably the only one to benefit from this PSA, thanks OP 😛

dvatcmark
    Free Member

Long one for me too, and that’s what I hoped for as I run a triple. Cheers op

kimbers

well I ordered one of the 25 quid deores from on-one
    http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/RMSHM615/shimano-deore-rd-m615-10-speed-shadow-plus-rear-mech
    it really is a mediun cage and works a treat!

JohnnyPanic

Mines a long & has gone back.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘PSA XT Shadow Plus rear mech £35’ is closed to new replies.