PSA – Worx Hyrdoshot kit

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • PSA – Worx Hyrdoshot kit
  • Is the 20% off because it’s through Marketplace? There’s a new one at £105 if you go down your list a little.

Shimano or Bosch should make a bike washer which uses your ebike battery.

chowsh

Yes the marketplace ones take an extra 20% off at checkout so £74.80 for the kit.

Premier Icon martymac
    Subscriber

Guitarhero, I like your thinking

This is getting to be an expensive Black Friday lol

windyg

I was hoping these would come up on offer, just bought one.
    Already have a couple of batteries and a drill with case I got nearly new for £25

Premier Icon rossburton
    Subscriber

That’s a pretty good price for something that I think could be useful but haven’t really needed before (got a proper karcher for home). If I took it in the car for post-ride bike rinses, any idea how much water would I need to take to rinse down three bikes?

chowsh

There was another thread here on portable washers which prompted me to look at these in the first place.

Mobile bike washer recommendations.

Premier Icon doomanic
    Subscriber

Shimano or Bosch should make a bike washer which uses your ebike battery.

Yeah, like I’ve got any battery left at the end of a ride…

DickBarton

How do you get the 20% off? Is it automatic?

coatesy

Rossburton, providing you’re not too fussy (i’m just getting most of the mud off, and leaving it where it came from rather than taking it home and flushing it down the drain/dumping it behind the shed), a 10l container (about a tenner from Go Outdoors) does 3 bikes for me.

windyg

The 20% is added automatically right at the payment point.

chowsh

The warehouse ones with 20% beside them should take the extra off at checkout.

Premier Icon GRAEMEJONES
    Subscriber

10 litres is more than enough to do 2 Fat Bikes, 3 if your not too fussy about getting every last bit of mud off.

Premier Icon winston
    Subscriber

Worth pointing out there is no warranty past 30 days with Amazon Warehouse stuff. I think I’ll pay the extra 30 quid for 2 years piece of mind……everything I buy seems to break these days!

Premier Icon branes
    Subscriber

Ordered one of these…and a version without the battery, charger, brushes and other bits n pieces turned up, rather than the ‘Full Kit’. Could be a one-off mistake at the Warehouse, but either way it’s going back and be aware that you might just have to traipse down to your local Hermes drop off place with it.

Premier Icon thisisnotaspoon
    Subscriber

Ordered one of these…and a version without the battery, charger, brushes and other bits n pieces turned up, rather than the ‘Full Kit’. Could be a one-off mistake at the Warehouse, but either way it’s going back and be aware that you might just have to traipse down to your local Hermes drop off place with it.

Check the listing, I gave it a miss as most of them seemed to be returned ones either missing bits or damaged.

chowsh

Mine showed up yesterday and was all brand new in a slightly damaged box. As a bonus the erbauer batteries from my drill are interchangeable. Tested it out and all works fine, not as powerful as mains karcher but ok for the bike.
    I guess with warehouse stuff it may be a bit hit and miss.

windyg

Mine came today full kit brand new as above a slightly damaged box, quick test on a bike and all good.

Premier Icon kneed
    Subscriber

I’ve got one : and am well pleased with it. I seem to remember the ‘variable pressure’ one came with both the long lance and the short lance : the cheaper one has just the long lance. Doesnt sound like much of a differnce but for use from a car – the short one is better / far less awkward IMO.

Only other thing – the included charger is faily slow by modern standards. Also you can get a bottle adapter for £5 that fits 2L water bottles (with no hose) which is handy as a backup / or a final tidy up: totally ‘wireless’.

dc1988

Mine was sold as damaged box but turned up in a pristine box but no folding bucket. Don’t know if it’s worth complaining.

chowsh

Wouldn’t worry too much about the folding bucket if you’re happy with the rest of it. Not exactly the highlight of the kit.

Premier Icon Kamakazie
    Subscriber

QVC are doing the full kit for £100 now which is a bit cheaper than Amazon. Think you have to pay P&P but they do a £5 off for new customers so should still work out cheaper.
    I don’t want the full kit so am hoping the variable one with the 2 lances comes down a bit somewhere.

Premier Icon benp1
    Subscriber

How loud are these devices? Could I use one to hose the bike down at midnight outside our house without waking the baby and my neighbours? Also, how long do you get on a single charge?

dovebiker

They’re a lot quieter than a regular pressure-washer – I doubt you’d hear one if you were inside with the doors / windows closed

Premier Icon Kamakazie
    Subscriber

There’s a video on the QVC site which gives a good indication of the noise. They talk over it pretty comfortably.

dc1988

I just cleaned my car, I got through two decent sized buckets and it hadn’t run out of charge. It’s definitely quieter than a proper pressure washer but also not quite as powerful. Much better than a hose though. Overall I’m pretty pleased.

Premier Icon Tracey
    Subscriber

When we are away in the camper I can do all four bikes on a full battery and then just charge it back up for when I next need it.
    Never had a complaint over the noise but did have someone chunter a bit in France when he asked to use it on his bike after watching me wash four, as he needed to be sure it worked before he ordered one, and I politely refused.

Premier Icon jaminb
    Subscriber

Thanks for the PSA – used mine in anger for the first time after saturdays muddy ride in the Peak – did a great job on my mates and my bike.

I just need to find a jerry can with a wide enough opening to get the filter in.

Premier Icon jaminb
    Subscriber

thanks Tracey

providing you’re not too fussy (i’m just getting most of the mud off, and leaving it where it came from rather than taking it home and flushing it down the drain/dumping it behind the shed), a 10l container (about a tenner from Go Outdoors) does 3 bikes for me

Very much depends on the consistency of the mud. I use more than 10L on two bikes and if it’s really sticky stuff could be even more. 20L can here – took a while to find one that wa

Folding bucket is useful if you need a folding bucket but has never been used along with the hydro shot.

I just need to find a jerry can with a wide enough opening to get the filter in.

Just cut off the filter – no need for it if you’re going to use it with clean water from a gerry can – only needed if you’re sticking it in a stream.

Premier Icon rockthreegozy
    Subscriber

Isn’t the issue the foam float rather than the filter?

Premier Icon Tracey
    Subscriber

Ive use ours in rivers, streams, ponds or any water available. Failing that a fold down camping bucket. The plastic jerry can we have can take both the filter and the float, however it very rarely gets used.

Premier Icon kelron
    Subscriber

Just take the filter off if it doesn’t fit and you’re using clean water, the float can slide out the way. No need to cut anything, it goes back on if you need it.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.