Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • PSA Won't Back Down, on line now for free…..
  • flatfish
    Free Member

I had to switch off after about 30 mins.

MSP

Yeah I was bored of it after 30 mins and gave up.

Speeder

Have watched all bar the last 20 minutes (cached in my browser from last night) and Peaty is about to win the Worlds. Very emotional and I’ll be buying it on DVD when it comes out. Any one any idea when that is? I’d like to get one for my little brother who shares his birthday with the big man I realized yesterday and if it’s going to be a present it ought to be available before the weekend when I’m going to see him or I’ll have to find something else.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mindmap3
    Free Member

I bought the movie the other week and enjoyed it. I started riding in ’97 and remember a fair few bits of it. That crash in Les Gets was heartbreaking if you’re a Brit desperate for Steve to win it.

It was good to see how far the sport has come and and how fast it is these days.

mindmap3
    Free Member

some really embarrassing bits walking around house with human shit on a stick and the whole hating the french thing!

I think a lot of that was a youngish bloke trying to be one of the lads….he doesn’t really hate the French because he’s pretty damn good mates with CG.

That is one of the biggest ways the sport has changed….it’s become a lot more professional. Less emphasis on parties, mucking about with a bit of bikes thrown in.

Speeder

tony07 – Member
    Am I the only one that thought it was crap?

Have you not grown up with this fella, did it not mean anything to you?

I was getting a bit embarrassed by the “Frenchie” thing but I understand how they were effectively on opposing sides ie the full on pros and the fun dudes but it was getting a little xenophobic but then he was young and I don’t know it was meant as anything other than a collective rivalry. He was certainly glowing in praise of the talent, it’s just that en-masse they were a different breed and it must have been frustrating.

There were some dull bits but it must be hard to build a narrative with mostly archive footage and I expect they used most of what they could find.

Looking forward to the last 20 mins when I get chance.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Exactly…sport does bring out a lot nationalistic rivalries.

At that point they were different breeds…Nico lead the way with the super techy professional approach where the likes of Peaty, Warner, Palmer were still drinking beer and mucking about.

miketually
    Free Member

The first half was basically a moving picture version of all the MBUKs I read as a teenager 🙂

bedmaker

Sam Hill on song really was in a different league.
    The whole party animal thing with Peat, Palmer etc I find pretty odd. If you keep losing races to the bog eyed frenchies by hundredths of seconds, if the result is that important, why not sit out a few parties and win the races by those all important hundredths instead?
    I guess these guys would never admit it, but I bet they regret that.

nemesis
    Free Member

For me, it reminded me just how good Vouilloz was – it’s not surprising to some extent that they got pissed off about that eventually – that bottom section of the World Champs course with the tight switchbacks, he just made the rest all look silly (and to be fair they admitted that).

nealglover
    Free Member

I guess these guys would never admit it, but I bet they regret that.

I’m not so sure.

chakaping
    Free Member

For me, it reminded me just how good Vouilloz was – it’s not surprising to some extent that they got pissed off about that eventually – that bottom section of the World Champs course with the tight switchbacks

And the more open track where they contrasted his and Peaty’s runs – he seemed to be floating down the hill while Peaty was smashing it apart.

But more importantly: How narrow were all their handlebars!?

chrishc777
    Free Member

Just watched it, excellent! Loved the first bit

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

That was really ace. I was at school with Will and remember Peaty from a Rother Valley race back in the early 90s. I’m sure he beat me even though it was XC. Really enjoyed that, think I will have to purchase a copy.

BillOddie

When Peaty finally won the WC my eyes went all runny…

YellowBelly
    Free Member

In the spirit of DH early days, you should watch it, but play drinking games – down a shot every time Warner or Rat Boy swears.

Did get a bit dusty in my house too when the clips of Peat’s WC win came on.

Vouilloz and Hill footage showed how good they really were/ are compared to the rest though.

rocketman
    Free Member

Yup bored after 30 mins

It was interesting at the time and it’s probably interesting if you’re too young to remember it but time moves on

scandal42
    Free Member

Really enjoyed it

Made me wish I was more into the DH scene growing up.

cookeaa

I know its intended as a bit of a Peaty love in but if you think of it more like a potted history of the first 20 odd years of DH racing, Based mostly around the one fella who’s been racing through all of it then its quite interesting, lots of “Oh I remember seeing that video” or “that photo in a mag” moments…

Not much mention of the last few years since his World Champs win, He has slipped back a bit, I suppose he’s done it all now and people are sort of just waiting for that announcement… There’s at least another season in him I reckon, and then he’ll have to sharpen up his CV.

I really didn’t think much to the intro though, Peaty obviously reading someone’s idea of profound thoughts on his career over footage of him riding just seemed a bit awkward and forced, didn’t work IMO.

Strangest of all though it really made me want to see Hill back on form again, I wasn’t really a Hill fan-boi when he was doing so well but seeing footage of him racing ~7-8 years ago winning races on a lime green Sunday made me realize just how much more interesting his riding was/is than many of the others, that they compared Hill to Vouilloz, and the general consensus is that Peaty was never quite on that level, says a lot IMO…

In summary a very nice bloke, gets a dream job and manages to stick it out for 20+ years (and counting) has some frustrations and some triumphs along the way…

Thanks for the free viewing, I’ll not be buying it though.

rene59
    Free Member

“Fort William, one of the biggest World Cup rounds. Thousands and thousands of people make a pilgrimage up there, pretty much to watch one man come down that mountain.”

That opening line had me cringing a bit for some reason, but the rest was ok, a good trip down memory lane.

Speeder

it really made me want to see Hill back on form again

+1 it’s such a shame that there’s not really been a time when all the best of the best (those people that can put more than 5 seconds into the whole of the field consistently) have been on form at the same time.

seeing footage of him racing ~7-8 years ago winning races on a lime green Sunday

made me realize I still want a Lime green Sunday or a black one or a polished on. Hell any Sunday will do, it’s just such a great shape.

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

Im a bit gguted I got about half way and had to go out went back to finish it late last night and it was gone!!!! Anyone still have it?? 😀

jambalaya
    Free Member

Does anyone know what the pricing is likely to be for BlueRay/Book ? Trying to decide on iTunes vs disc.

Was planning to watch this on Friday night and I’m happy to pay £10 to support the film makers.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘PSA Won't Back Down, on line now for free…..’ is closed to new replies.