Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • PSA Won't Back Down, on line now for free…..
  • welshfarmer
    nbt

Cracking film. If you’ve not watched it already, grab a beer and settle down

AlexSimon

Can anyone who’s seen it comment on the suitability (language and ratboy behaviour-wise) for an 8yo?

nbt

there’s not much nudity but there’s a fair few sweary bits. I wouldn’t be comfortable showing it to a minoir

pictonroad

Excellent but very ( and unnecessarily) sweary.

pictonroad

I paid £10. 😥

gaz552
    Free Member

pictonroad – Member

I paid £10.

It’s only going to be available to watch for free via the pinkbike stream for 24hours to celebrate peaty’s 40th birthday. So anyone who’s bought it shouldn’t feel too bad about it as it’s only a day and a stream (not download), after which you’ll have to pay again to own/watch. It’s actually a pretty refreshing gesture when it comes to videos/movies etc.

PiknMix
    Free Member

It’s a download if your running Firefox 😉

ComradeD
    Free Member

Its easy to download with a simple browser plugin

grahamt1980

What an awesome film.
    Want it on DVD

bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

Is this the one with Holly Hunter in it?

mattbee

Watched Pinkbike stream earlier and then paid for it. Awesome film.

godzilla
    Free Member

**** French ****
    Quality Footage!!

wiggles
    Free Member

Effing amazing, will be buying the DVD when it is out for sure (not paying for anything on itunes)

transporter13
    Free Member

Excellent footage. Not ashamed to admit that it got a bit dusty in here at times either.

gaz552
    Free Member

Watching it ATM, really enjoying it.

Some of those tracks from around 2000 were awesome.

fletch71
    Free Member

Pik n mix how do you download?

wiggles
    Free Member

So they let you watch the movie for free and that is still not enough so people feel the need to scam a download out of it too 🙄

Sure I watched it, but won’t be downloading it and will be buying a DVD when it is out.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

No plugin required to get this downloaded using chrome!

PiknMix
    Free Member

GIYF 🙂

gaz552
    Free Member

Probably a really daft question, but what way are the World Cup and World Championship separated?

coogan
    Free Member

World Cup over ‘X’ amount of races.

World Championship a 1 off race.

weare138
    Free Member

Cracking viewing, cheers to the OP for posting. Also a bit dusty in the living room tonight.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If you rip it off for nowt please send something to the people involved as a thankyou 🙂

PiknMix
    Free Member

Got their address mike? I’ll send a thank you letter.

iainc

Me and my 11yr old just watched that on chromecast, superb indeed 😀

muddy247
    Free Member

Emotional up north- shared a tear with Godzilla ont FaceTime!

pondo

Well I must say, had a shitter of a day, thought this would end it nicely. Had no **** joy trying to play it through PS3 on the telly, in two minds as to whether there’s any point watching it on the phone but decided to try the first ten minutes – and half an hour in, I like. Great film so far. 🙂

stanfree
    Free Member

Happy Birthday Peaty ….. I think he was unlucky that he was in Nico’s era otherwise he would have had a good few ‘Worlds’. Brilliant documentary and very emotional at times. The JMC part and footage of Sam Hill were definately highlights. Also It has to be said ‘Shaun Palmer’ Is some boy Is he not. 😀

Hanky

Watched it last week on iTunes well worth the money on any platform. Early days, NPS and JMC my MTB era. Fiancée loved it too, great entertainment and captured the development of DH into what it is today.

iainc

aint technology great ! clicked link on Pinkbike link on Nexus, pressed the Chromecast button, watched it with the boy on the big telly till midnight. He’s sleepy off to school this morning 🙂

whatnobeer
    Free Member

So they let you watch the movie for free and that is still not enough so people feel the need to scam a download out of it too

What difference does it make whether you watch it for free on the day or download it save it to watch for free later?

elliott-20
    Free Member

Loved it. Made me realise how far this sport has come in 20 years and how quick those years have been.

Even got a little watery eyed with nostalgia.

And I wonder how many are listening to Bat For Lashes this morning? 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

What difference does it make whether you watch it for free on the day or download it save it to watch for free later?

Pinkbike most likely paid a one-off fee based on a certain level of expected viewings*, which would have been limited by people’s availability to sit in front of a screen for two hours.

They didn’t pay for people to view it later and it’s not right to “save” a copy IMO.

* I’m basing this on my experience working in online content, not any insider info.

nemesis
    Free Member

Thanks to the OP for the PSA. Watched bits of it last night and given that Steve Peat’s career follows my years of mtbing (sadly I don’t seem to have yet had his success…) it brought back all sorts of memories like reading Cycling Weakly (when it still had a small mtb section) each week to get news on how Peaty and Warner had done at the World Cups.

tony07
    Free Member

Am I the only one that thought it was crap?

nemesis
    Free Member

Well, it wasn’t high art but crap? Not for me.

chakaping
    Free Member

I did think they over-egged the whole world champs thing a bit, and it would’ve been nice to hear more of Peaty’s thoughts on the way the sport has changed.

Still enjoyed v much though.

postierich
    Free Member

Glad it was free! some really embarrassing bits walking around house with human shit on a stick and the whole hating the french thing!
    Kudos to Steve Peat for everything he has done but glad I did not watch it with my daughter or wife!

razorrazoo

The JMC part and footage of Sam Hill were definately highlights.

Totally agree, some of those lines that Sam Hill took, talk about commitment, no wonder he was winning races by seconds rather than hundredths.

Watching some of the older footage was like watching ‘Senna’ – seems so old fashioned but then again only like it was ‘yesterday’.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘PSA Won't Back Down, on line now for free…..’ is closed to new replies.