Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • PSA: Wanted adds scammer
  • cokie

I posted a wanted add in the classifieds for a Stooge and I got contacted by Abdul. Just watch out for this chap, not that you need much convincing..
    I do hope Andy offers the Stooge in Dangfangled colour with glittery forks.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Hilarious! 😀

wwaswas

You seem prepared to condemn him on very flimsy evidence.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

doffs cap, and appropriates “Dangflangled with glitter forks” for future use.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Brilliant. Did you go as far as sending a fake name / address?

I still find it amazing that people fall for this. I guess they must do hence why these emails are sen.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

At this point I’d be asking about flange size and asking him to commit to visiting after they’ve bedded in to give you a good fettle.

Keep us in the (infinite)loop

perchypanther
    Free Member

Is disappoint.
    Was looking for the Carlos Dangfangled fat bike frame….with super wide wheels.

kcal

I’ve not had much to laugh about lately, but I salute you sir!!

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Brilliant. Perhaps we should all email Abdul and order a Dangfangled Frame 😆

stevied
    Free Member

^great idea….

Nice work OP 🙂

fasthaggis

Dangfangled Frame
    I think you are on to a winner there .

theotherjonv

At that price I’ll have one as well, dangfangled or not.

Can i send you the $20 and let you liaise with Abdul?

cokie

Response sent.. I shall update once Abdul has finalized his offer I can’t refuse. Hopefully he doesn’t ring the local plods number I have give him.

stevied
    Free Member

*waits impatiently for Abdul’s response*

brakes
    Free Member

poor Abdul, the guy’s just trying to make a living!

perchypanther
    Free Member

poor Abdul, the guy’s just trying to make a living!

He’s gonna have a bit of explaining to do when he tries to return 200 sets of Glitter forks to his supplier when this deal goes tits up.

cokie

I’ve got a small update for you all..

I’m not convinced this is a thriving plant..

perchypanther
    Free Member

I don’t know who you are. I do know what you want. If you’re looking for a sale, I can tell you I don’t have glitter forks… but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my Dangfangled frames go now, that will be the end of it – I will not look for you, I will not pursue you… but if you don’t, I will look for you, I will find you… and I will relentlessly mock you on t’internet.

Nice one “Bryan”

brakes
    Free Member

what if Abdul has now told the loan shark that they don’t need to cut off one of his fingers because he’s got this month’s installment coming today?
    I hope you’ve covered your tracks, Abdul’s going to come looking for you…
    unless this is actually legit of course.

cokie

Ah, some one got the reference 😀 !

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

A scammer who doesn’t accept PayPal Gift? Looks likes he read the forum rules, at least 😉

scotroutes

Ben Dover Road 😆

theotherjonv

Please tell me your Turkish export agent is called Hugh J’Arce

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’d have gone with Mike Oxlong

gibbonarms
    Free Member
    dirtyrider
    Free Member

probably still more than trade

funkrodent

Great stuff this. Chapeau and chops to the OP. On this line of attack, those who have enjoyed/are enjoying this should read James Veitch’s book “Delete this at your peril”, takes what the OP is doing and develops the theme with numerous internet scammers, all done under the fake persona of Bob Servant, the window cleaning king of Broughty Ferry. The one where he tries to get the scammer to invest in a new African restaurant in Dundee is very funny, as is the one where he agrees to fly to Djibouti (I think) where the scammer is waiting to meet him, but pretends to have flown to Damascus instead. Cue much confusion. Keep up the good work OP!

richmtb

Doesn’t accept pay pal gift?

I smell a rat!

downshep

Used to follow master scambaiter ‘Shiver Metimbers’ on 419eater.com

Hugely entertaining and effective. Here’s a taster; https://www.flickr.com/photos/shiver419/

He’s retired now but the site is still mercilessly ripping into fraudsters today. Well worth a visit.

cjr61

Genius

pondo

Chapeau! 😀

matt_outandabout

Good work OP.

Please can stooge now release a dongfangled glitter paint job..

tomhoward

Any more updates?

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Don’t see the issue here, this is exactly how Planet X’s purchasing policy works.

Now send Abdul an email from “Winchester Police” saying Bryan has been arrested for unlicensed bike trading and demand the return of the $7500..

dufusdip
    Free Member

Are these new dangfangled forks a new standard? Are they backward compatible? Is there an adapter that I can buy for a few pounds more to make them fit a straight taper headset?

scandal42
    Free Member

I don’t suppose you will be offering these out to STW members at a discounted rate?

I would be interested in 2 units if you haven’t already got full order coverage for them?

Can this guy also do bulk shipping of Solar storm battery boxes?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’d love to think that somewhere there is a scambottrackworld.com forum detailing the other side of this.

Abdul-member
    I went fishing and caught me a comedian! Let’s see who gets bored first.

jonnyrobertson

Excellent work OP, I do hope Abdul hasn’t lost patience with you and we get to hear more from him.

cokie

Sorry not to respond sooner.. Sadly Abdul has gone!
    He may be coming to an Inbox near you..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Wanted adds scammer’ is closed to new replies.