• This topic has 118 replies, 44 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by lunge.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 119 total)
  • PSA – very cheap G-Shock
  • Jamie
    Free Member

OK fair enough and no not jealous as not my thing but wanted to know if this was a scam or not. Seems it’s all good

Not being funny, but are you new to eBay/online shopping?

Anyway. This explains why they went so quickly. Guess there was a 25 user limit.

bearnecessities

Sorry, but unless you:

– are under 30, or
    – have big, manly, hairy wrists
    – have a serious action sport as a hobby that necessitates such a watch (I’m talking arctic exploring, not running/cycling)
    – work for casio

…why would you wear a watch that looks like it was designed for a 12 year old boy?!

EDIT: I’m aware I’m probably about to get slaughtered for saying this…

Jamie
    Free Member

EDIT: I’m aware I’m probably about to get slaughtered for saying this…

No, you’re going to get slaughtered as I just drove past your house and saw this fella in the garden:

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bearnecessities

That’s me you silly sausage; I was just putting the washing out.

Kryton57

big yim – Member
    What does the bidding start at kryton57?

Make me an offer here. Highest price by Thursday 12:00 can have it. 😀

Kryton57

Actually no I can do better. Why don’t I stick it in the classifieds, same deal but winner or I pay all profit after the postage to the charity of the winners choice?

You get a watch, something decent comes of the cash.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Kryton, ill start the bidding at 1 million pounds!

hora
    Free Member

Bear (if I may call you this), I usually wear a very big divers watch. It looks just about ok on my wrist (I have big wrists) but its badly scarred. I break all watches I own….except G-shocks. My beloved Omega was literally smashed 🙁

Now. Why the **** were you watching a Sandra Bullock movie? (Im in your garden looking through your window)

monkeychild
    Free Member

A plaster cast of Thatcher’s mimmsy?

Kryton57

CharlieMungus – Member
    Kryton, ill start the bidding at 1 million pounds!

POSTED 11 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Good. Going… Going….

leftyboy
    Free Member

@jamie no not new to it been using the internet for a while, had one of the very first non-educational accounts circa 1984, but wondered if it was a scam. So are you saying no-ones every had a problem with EBay and being ripped off?

Also wrote a few e-commerce sites back in the day way before off the shelf stuff was available.

Old timer but seen a few scams so usually a bit wary 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

No worries.

As I said, I wasn’t being funny, but seemed odd you would think it might be a scam. Seeing as it was Argos Outlet, and the they have 1,343,801 feedback @ 98.9% positive.

leftyboy
    Free Member

If I were doing a scam guess my rough percentage of feedback? And yes I know EBay take great care to avoid fake stats but I work with guys who do stuff on the web that is pushing the boundaries and if they wanted to I’m sure they could knock up a fairly convincing fake..

Anyways no offence taken and I was only checking as seemed a bit too good to be true.

hora
    Free Member

They’ve refunded £3.95 back to my card for the postage after I emailed them.

Stop the scam bollocks- its impossible with paypal. It smacks of fragrant-jealousy 😉

Guess there was a 25 user limit.

so one buyer got 50 units. If you sell for +£14 (say +£14 to include fees). Thats £700 in your pocket but alot of posting. Not too bad. If all sell.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Damn – just bought one on Amazon 2 weeks ago – thought I was getting a bargain at £48…

Jamie
    Free Member

They’ve refunded £3.95 back to my card for the postage after I emailed them.

Just shot them a speculative message through eBay.

hora
    Free Member

Damn – just bought one on Amazon 2 weeks ago – thought I was getting a bargain at £48..

Still a very good watch at that price. You are due your PSA-shot next 8)

wwaswas

What’s the postage refund thing about?

hora
    Free Member

On the ebay listing its free post.

On the paypal page it adds £3.95 to the total for post.

So it should only be £16-odd in total.

flyingmonkeycorps

Interesting – when I bought it was £16.99 plus postage, bringing it to just over 20 squid. Still shows that on my eBay, but if I go through the original link it’s free postage.

wwaswas

cheers, email sent.

Jamie
    Free Member

Bosh.

weeksy

Emailed on postage, feel greedy now lol.

cp

I’m the same as flyingmonkeycorps – the original listing was at +3.95 postage, which makes sense as that’s what the OP also was suggesting ‘just over £20’.

If I look in my ebay history, and click the item, it’s still showing as 3.95 postage, but also indicating that the seller has updated the listing…

click on the updated listing and it’s free postage.

Is this what other folk who are claiming the postage back are seeing?

hora
    Free Member

Now I am confused. Ebay android alert- says item despatched. Click and it says 16.99+3.99.

How can they amend a listing that is closed? Damage limitation?

lunge

Being 100% honest, I didn’t look at the postage when I paid but going back into the listing it does say free postage. I sent them a message through eBay last night and got a refund this morning, happy days.

weeksy

I got a mail stating I’d get the refund, but it’s not arrived. I am in no hurry.

chambord
    Free Member

Just emailed them about the postage as well. Wasn’t concerned about it and it has already been despatched as next day delivery already so feel a bit cheeky..

But everyone else is getting their money back on it so I feel obliged to 😉

wwaswas

My watch just arrived 🙂

Will wear it today and see if the back of the strap promotes sweaty wrist syndrome…

brassneck

Anyone want to sell me theirs? Will pay a premium. Not too much though having read the thread :-d

Lifer
    Free Member

Got mine, not massive as G-Shocks go. CBA for postal refund (tight gits).

hora
    Free Member

You mean its smaller than a usual GShock? Or GShocks aren’t big. I’ve always thought GShocks look like a ladies diving watch 😀

Heres my current watch – which dwarfs my first F1 Tag. Thing is, it still looks smallish on my wrist. So the GShock will look girly 😆

Lifer
    Free Member

Used to have a much chunkier one, or my wrists have got bigger (Grrrrrr)

flyingmonkeycorps

They must’ve changed the listing when it was still active; when I ordered it was definitely plus £3.95 postage. Mine’s arrived but I wasn’t in. Boo.

iainc

mine arrived 🙂 and a £3.95 refund 🙂 That’s my boy’s Christmas sorted !

hora
    Free Member

Mines arrived- it looks like a ladies watch. Too small 🙁

That’s my boy’s Christmas sorted !

Thats an idea

Cougar

Hora, I’ll buy it from you. I have a lady’s wrists(*).

(* – in the freezer along with a small boy’s elbows and a baby robin’s eyeballs.)

Jamie
    Free Member

I have a lady’s wrists

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EfW9znJYjw[/video]

weeksy

Mine is up for grabs, email to weeksy59@hotmail.com

It’s a nice watch but even just putting it on reminds me why I’ve not worn a watch for 20 + years.

Jamie
    Free Member

I imagine eBay is going to be flooded with the bloody things.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 119 total)

The topic ‘PSA – very cheap G-Shock’ is closed to new replies.