Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • PSA vaude off road bike bag £15
  • phead
    Free Member

amazon link

£75 down to £15, Seems like a decent price unless I’m missing something.

ElShalimo

Vaude make good kit

cookeaa

Hmmm, that might just make a good commuter bag instead of my current (perfectly good) drybag…

Can you get spare seat post mountings cheapish?

Bez

Spare mounts are readily available for a few quid.

Only thing is, it’s not crystal clear which one this bag uses. The pictures appear to show a Contour Max bracket, but one of the reviewers says it comes with a different mount to the picture, which could be the standard Contour.

I have the standard Contour on several bikes so I’m off to do some research…

Edit: mm, looks like it’s the Max; maybe the reviewer got sent the wrong item.

https://www.vaude.com/en-GB/detail/index/sArticle/6133/number/125930000

grenosteve
    Free Member

Perfect for my winter commuter. Cheers for that.

prawny

Bloody hell, I’ve got one of them it’s great if you travel light.

I’m tempted to get another even though I don’t need one, the carradice is great, but half empty most of the time and weighs a ton.

Bez

Thanks to Amazon’s recent “buy gift cards and get free money” offers it cost me £3 😀

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Cheers , Bought, another PSA to go in the cupboard 🙂 Always seems to be on a Friday morning when in work fed up and a bit of retail therapy is needed and the weekend can`t come quick enough!!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Cheers OP Bought this

DrP

Also just bought – will be useful for trips on the fixie where I don’t want a backpak… Reckon an ipad will fit in it?

DrP

cookeaa

Bought one this morning, Free prime delivery so it’s silly not too really.

oddly enough the price had gone down by 30p since last night, is it going to be under a tenner by tonight?

Also just bought – will be useful for trips on the fixie where I don’t want a backpak… Reckon an ipad will fit in it?

Pretty much my expected use, I’m going to ttake the beam rack off my commuter and just have the “klick fix” adapter on the post, should be neater, might put one on the Grrrravel bike too.

Bez

Oof, I’ve just seen that the Max brackets are a lot more expensive than the standard ones…

prawny

No chance getting a full size ipad in DrP, Maybe a mini, but even then I think it would be a struggle. They’re (the bag) an odd shape, not quite square.

I used to fit in, lunchbox, 2 apples, a banana, rolled shirt, boxers and socks plus 2 inner tubes and a multitool. It was pretty much full then, if I had a waterproof jacket I had to strap it to the top.

phead
    Free Member

Yep iPad fits in this fine, even without the zip to expand it. Also confirmed it’s the max adapter.

Junkyard
    Free Member

mine arrived today – cheers OP bigger than I expected and pretty substantial – shame the additional brackets will cost more than the entire pack cost!!!

DrP

Junk yard… Yeah, thinking about it i should have ordered 2 packs.. 🙄 !!

DrP

Junkyard
    Free Member

Still about the same price which is just nuts

Cannot see an easy way of making one either – thankfully all my posts are the same size so that is my fix

DrP

It’s up to £30 now…!!

I’m just soaking my fixie seatpost in wd40 before getting the blowtorch out… First time in 9 years I’ve had to remove the post.. Guess what’s the issue…!!

However, it’s a great little bag.. Will be tidy on the commuter for trips to town/meetings.. And as said, iPad fits in on its side no issue 🙂

DrPp

grenosteve
    Free Member

Used mine this morning – It’s a bit rattly, but has improved my roadrat no end (pannier rack and bag on one side + roadrat frame = noddle bike!).

You really need to tighten the clamp up, otherwise it rotates easily.

Fits all I need in it without being expanded, so have room for extras if/when required.

Awesome for £14.10. 😀

Also I think the frame would double up for bikepacking duty nicely if you strapped a dry bag to it.

cookeaa

Missed delivery yesterday, no attempt to drop it today, hope it comes tomorrow.

jimc101
    Free Member

Doddle to your local Morrisons!, off to pick mine up now

cookeaa

Finally delivered it yesterday, on their second attempt, it’s absolutely brilliant for £14!

unfortunately the cheapest I can find a second mount is £20, and I really want a second mount now.

I wish I had ordered two…

What’s the likelihood of them being knocked down again for black Friday…

TiRed

shame the additional brackets will cost more than the entire pack cost!!!

Swap seatpost and saddle between bikes (although not all will be 27.2 in my case).

I like my Topeak MTX beam rack, but that Vaude really is a bargain.

mikejd

Price up to £52 now.

mcnultycop

I bought one of these and it arrived today. It seems ace, so I’ll save it for if I ever get a job within cycling commuting distance from home.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘PSA vaude off road bike bag £15’ is closed to new replies.