Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • PSA Uberbike 20%/30% off
  • Tracey

Doesn’t look like a code is required

https://www.uberbikecomponents.com/

jairaj

Any idea what their bottom brackets are like? My SRAM DUB BB is making cracking noises and needs replacing.

mashr

jairaj
    Any idea what their bottom brackets are like? My SRAM DUB BB is making cracking noises and needs replacing.

Fine for the money ime. Mine is currently seized, but feels like I got my money’s worth

andydt82

I’ve found them to be fine – better than SRAM, not that that’s saying much!
    Shame I bought another one a couple of weeks ago that’s waiting to be fitted

commencaltr29rider
    Free Member

Are the sintered brake pads any good? I could do with some new Sram Code RS pads for winter.

Tracey

Cant comment on the sintered as never used them but we do use the Race Matrix pads all year round with no problems.

damascus
    Free Member

I like their sintered pads, no worse than anyone else’s. Bargain in the sale

phil5556

We had a pair bought at the same time that lasted just a few months each, one went in the bin when switching to DUB and the other got a new set of their ceramic bearings – it’s still going strong 18 months later. Not sure if there was a bad batch of stainless bearings or…?

mashr

They don’t use stainless steel, the standard bearings are carbon steel

phil5556

Sorry, maybe there was a bad batch of carbon steel bearings. Is that better or worse than stainless?

rockhopper70

Possibly bad karma posting on a competitors thread, but on bikester, they have Trickstuff pads for the codes at 70% off.

https://www.bikester.co.uk/trickstuff-840-standard-disc-brake-pads-for-sram-avid-code-guide-re-M740060.html

mashr

Sorry, maybe there was a bad batch of carbon steel bearings. Is that better or worse than stainless?

with stainless you can assume there’s at least some corrosion resistance. Can only guess the quality of the bearings they’re using

phil5556

Can only guess the quality of the bearings they’re using

My guess is not very good quality 🙂

The ceramic ones have so far been great though.

Although I’m back to using SRAM bottom brackets. Even my original GXP one lasted ages and the current DUB one still feels lovely and smooth. They’re only about £30 too. I do keep meaning to pop the seals out to clean & regrease the bearings, but a bit worried about breaking the plastic covers.

mashr

Good to hear about the ceramics being ok. Currently choosing between a Shimano BB (with adapter for GXP) or just replacing the Uberbike bearings.

They drift in/out easily enough?

commencaltr29rider
    Free Member

I like their sintered pads, no worse than anyone else’s. Bargain in the sale

Thanks, ordered to give them a try.

phil5556

They drift in/out easily enough?

I don’t remember it being difficult. And can’t remember but think you might need different plastic top hats for them?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.