Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • PSA: Top gear india special tonight BBC2 8pm.
  • gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

enjoyed it, but not the best special i’ve seen.

pedlad

I’ve quite enjoyed some previous specials but didn’t get to the end of this one. The thing that struck me was the attitude to driving fast in a city. Clarkson was deliberately trying to get the back end of the jag to step out whilst racing the train.

I know they push the driving in other shows in this country (and I like pushing on a bit when conditions are right)but it’s always in deserted country roads eg Isle of Man. It was like, “well it’s only a city in India” so normal rules of social conscience don’t apply. I’d like to see his reaction if people were driving like that around the cotswold town where his kids walk on the pavements.

hoodie
    Free Member

After the big C’s recent comments, I couldn’t bring myself to tune in…if I wanted to watch three c**** messing about together, id subscribe to babestation.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

LOL at hoodie!

freeagent
    Free Member

I’m normally a big TG fan but that was garbage last night –

aP
    Free Member

It was quite embarrassing watching them being deliberate idiots. Not for nothing did JCs nearest matest say “don’t go to India” – its probably the only sensible thing he’s said in 2011.
    Admittedly when they slowly winched the front off the hairdressers mini I did laugh.

project
    Free Member

Sadly no one has seen it as entertainmnet , funny, etc, and gets people talking, most of the above are negative though, jealousy probably.

RustyNissanPrairie

a definite disappointment compared to what they could have done.

Rhod Gilbert and Greg Davies did ‘worlds most dangerous roads’ a few months back on the Beeb that was far better

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b014s6rx

CHB

Good family viewing. Not the best of the specials but still had us laughing. The filming of top gear is wonderful, so even if the three buffoons offend then the cinematography is some of the best out there.

genghispod
    Free Member

I’m reminded of an ancient British saying – “**** you if you don’t have a sense of humour.” Needless to say I enjoyed it and found it funny. No need to over-intellectualise it all chaps. And chapesses.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Having a sense of humour is a broad expression.

Is enjoying “Last of the Summer Wine”, “My Family”, “Top Gear” having a sense of humour? Possibly.

But it’s not one I share. I find them all painfully obvious, hackneyed and cringing.

hoodie
    Free Member

Project you seem to be confusing jealousy with opinion…I choose not to watch as in my opinion its no longer worth watching…im sure its entertainment to many…just not me anymore.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Thought it was very poor this year

project
    Free Member

Project you seem to be confusing jealousy with opinion…I choose not to watch as in my opinion its no longer worth watching…im sure its entertainment to many…just not me anymore.

But my opinion is that a lot of folks are jealous of 3 well paid presenters, having fun, driving different cars, and travelling to exotic places.

So they find variuous reasons not to watch…….

aP
    Free Member

Oh, I’m not jealous, just dissapointed and bored.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

OK, its getting a bit long in the tooth, obviously very scripted but I genuinely thought the “straight six cricket” was ace.

Shame they ruined that mini though.

dogbert
    Free Member

Rhod Gilbert and Greg Davies did ‘worlds most dangerous roads’ a few months back on the Beeb that was far better

See that sounds quite good, but then when I hear that title it makes me think of:

project
    Free Member

Seems as if JC, has now upset the indians, with toilet jokes and the toilet seat on the boot of the jag.

Just who hasnt he offended at sometime.

neninja
    Free Member

I was disappointed with it.

Most of the gags were just repeats of ones done (better) on previous TG programmes, the picking on James May is getting really boring and some of it was plain irritating, especially the garden party. The only proper laugh it got from us was when the trains separated.

Watched it with my wife, my brother and his fiancé and my parents who are all TG fans and we all agreed it was pap.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Sadly no one has seen it as entertainmnet , funny, etc, and gets people talking, most of the above are negative though, jealousy probably.

Or maybe people just think it’s crap. I think Strictly Come Dancing is crap but I don’t think it means that I’m jealous of any of the people involved.

And saying “Lighten up, it’s just entertainment” doesn’t mean that the bar should be lowered.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Top gear india special tonight BBC2 8pm.’ is closed to new replies.