Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)
  • PSA: Top gear india special tonight BBC2 8pm.
  • yunki
    Free Member

I really don’t like the top gear series any more but I have to say that I (not quite thoroughly) enjoyed that..

Does what it says on the tin really.. why would you expect more..? It’s 3 petrolheads for gawdsake.. I can’t immediately think of a more witless breed..

what larks hey Pip..!

xcstu
    Free Member

Man I want their job…

stunning locations and trashing cars 🙂 another cracking episode of top gear!!

mushrooms
    Free Member

Why is it so faked-scripted?? it’s easy to spot.
    I love Topgear but hate the way the fake things.

colournoise

mushrooms – Member
    Why is it so faked-scripted?? it’s easy to spot.

Because for those that haven’t noticed it’s long been a light entertainment comedy show and not ‘serious’ motoring journalism.

In its correct context it’s decent (if predictable) programme making.

slainte 🙂 rob

mushrooms
    Free Member

decent lol, wtf are you on? It’s laziness, that’s what it really is.

derekrides
    Free Member

Total cringe, and I’m normally a fan, had to flick the switch..

duckman

That was a let down.

zokes
    Free Member

Yep, that was a waste of an hour of my life, and I’m usually a fairly unshakable fan until now, despite Clarkson being a Fred.

gusamc
    Free Member

seems to be going down the last of the summer wine route

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah it was pretty dire, although I admit I laughed when the train banners got ripped :p

donsimon
    Free Member

Because for those that haven’t noticed it’s long been a light entertainment comedy show and not ‘serious’ motoring journalism.

Wouldn’t the folks who can’t adapt to change and think that Top Gear is the motoring magazine to help you choose your next family saloon be better off watching The Real Top Gear on Channel 5?

Klunk
    Free Member

laboured tedious rubbish

higthepig
    Free Member

Fell asleep watching it, don’t think I missed anything at all. Predictable is the word that immediatly springs to mind about the programme, shame really as I used to look forward to it, not anymore now.

dogbert
    Free Member

[Quote]Wouldn’t the folks who can’t adapt to change and think that Top Gear is the motoring magazine to help you choose your next family saloon be better off watching The Real Top Gear on Channel 5?[/quote]

Fifth Gear, so much like Top Gear they nick all their ideas and repeat them 3 weeks later

M6TTF
    Free Member

Watch 5th gear! But then you would have to suffer the inane drivel from that whining morose twerp-woman

specialknees
    Free Member

”seems to be going down the last of the summer wine route”[/quote]
    Never looked at it like that but so true.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Clarkson can and has made good motoring programmes in the past, and with a nation with a motoring culture such as India you’d think that not even he would be able to c*ck it up, but he and the rest of them have become stale. As long as you keep watching and paying for them to tw*t about, the BBC will keep churning out the drivel.

donsimon
    Free Member

“You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”

Sorry Abe.

martinhutch

The whole thing was ill conceived and cobbled together without any decent ideas, and the scripting has got way out of control.

The decent specials were the USA one, the vietnam one and the South American one, particularly the last of those.

It all went wrong when they managed to pick reliable decent cars, and saddled themselves with that ‘trade mission’ bollox. Doing half a roadtrip on motorail wasn’t exactly the best plan either. It was riddled with contrivance, the jokes were obvious a mile off, and tbh, none of the three looked like they actually wanted to be doing it.

They should have done a lot more in the Himalayas,and bought crappy local cars.

stevepitch
    Free Member

I love top gear but found it a little dull tbh – the funniest bit was when they wired the horn to May’s brakes which says alot!

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.

But you’ll never please STW . . . .

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I thought the end was okay when they started doing the actual road trip stuff, if it was another hour of them crossing the Himalayas then that would of been pretty good but all the staged stunts at the start was just not necessary.

winston_dog
    Free Member

The worst “special” yet, by a long way.
    The jokes are worn thin.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

The jokes are worn thin

They wore thin five years ago.
    Cos it was always:

laboured tedious rubbish

Finally all the dullard fans woke up!

LMT
    Free Member

I quite enjoyed the Indian special, yep the garden party was a bit daft and tbh didn’t fit in with the rest of the program, but the rest of it was inline with a BBC documentary 2 other reporters? actors? did back in september. They did a jouney across India one in an old clapped out car, and the other in a brand new car showing the commumities the land theft by the govt, the way the country was growing at the time i thought this would make a good topgear special look at there road behaviours. The one lorry going the wrong way up a dual carriage way, scary stuff when driving.

Hadge
    Free Member

I wonder how many millions watched it and enjoyed it though? I bet it’s a far percentage and most will have no interest in “cars” as such and they will have enjoyed it purely as an entertainment programme. For the BBC that’s a success I’m afraid.

project
    Free Member

Its actually illegl to release refrigerant gases into the atmosphere in the UK, and EEC, a huge fine and prison await, according to the Air con engineer i used to work with.

Basil

POOP

MrSalmon
    Free Member

so funny, educational, and clever

Can’t tell if you’re joking here, but you can’t be serious. Granted I’m not a fan but even if you were this has to be a bit of a stretch.

Disclaimer: I didn’t see the special but unless it was a radical departure from the usual Clarkson shtick I feel I’m on safe ground here.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Ripping the front end off a mini like that was criminal. Rest of it was watchable – just.

dogbert
    Free Member

Disclaimer: I didn’t see the special but unless it was a radical departure from the usual Clarkson shtick I feel I’m on safe ground here.

Awesome!!! I hate it even though i didn’t see it.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Awesome!!! I hate it even though i didn’t see it.

Did you read what I wrote?

EDIT: Hmm, maybe I wasn’t that clear actually. My issue was more with the words ‘funny’, ‘clever’ and ‘educational’ to describe Clarkson/Top Gear rather than with any particular programme. If the special was something totally different then I’ll stand corrected.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Hadge – Member
    …and most will have no interest in “cars” as such and they will have enjoyed it purely as an entertainment programme…

Did you write that with a straight face and where was your tongue? 😉

Watched part of it but turned over for Great Expectations instead!

Houns

Huge top gear fan, I’m always one of the first to support/stick up for them. But, last nights special was dire 🙁

yunki
    Free Member

Its actually illegl to release refrigerant gases into the atmosphere in the UK, and EEC, a huge fine and prison await, according to the Air con engineer i used to work with.

which is why we ship all our dead fridges out to India..

richardk
    Free Member

Somewhat ironic that one of the exports we do make to India is probably Top Gear…

The South American one was on again the other day, shows you what a really good special is like. Danger, bonding, cars breaking down (and being fixed by the presenters)

tthew

and being fixed by the presenters

Not a chance. That’s just as contrived as the rest of it.

Not watched the last couple of series, and I’m afraid the ‘specials’ now look to have gone the same way, tired and formulaic. An hour and a half of my life I’ll never get back.

Markie
    Free Member

Enjoyed it, bar the garden party. But not as good as South America or Vietnam!

crazy-legs

All I can say is I’m glad I watched it on iPlayer cos it was so cringeworthy in places I had to turn it off and take the dog for a walk…

Managed to watch it all in the end but not one of their best by a long way.

Sandwich

The only presenter able to repair a car would be James May. (Hammond may be able to fix some stuff but we haven’t seen much evidence of it).

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Top gear india special tonight BBC2 8pm.’ is closed to new replies.