Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • PSA today’s bargains you don’t need
  • weeksy

That’s incredibly tempting to try a mullet on the G-170

nbt
    mrmoofo

That’s incredibly tempting to try a mullet on the G-170

I am amazed you haven’t done it already …
    I did tell you there were bargain Yaris about

razorrazoo

Reverb ordered, only £30 more than a full strip and rebuild that’s needed on the current one!  Thanks

mashr

FFS a second hand Yari cost me that recently 😩 #imnotcryingyourecrying

stevie750

Yari ordered, Just need to go and find a frame to fit it to now

honourablegeorge

I do a load of calculations in my head every time there’s one of these – “if I buy that, then I can stick it on that frame I was going to sell, and fit my spare wheels and brakes, and then I on;y need a mech and shifter and I have a full bike – that I don’t need…..”

mashr

Not actually a bargain, but I’ve very seen them reduced anywhere:

https://www.tiso.com/eadtr3al0090/deity-tmac-black

bikerevivesheffield

@nbt cheers, one happy wife here 😁

chakaping
    Free Member

Thanks, ordered a Yari that I don’t need.

But do have a use for.

desperatebicycle

Weren’t the 1xRemotes £90odd at one time. I’m sure mine was.
    I would feel bad cos I bought a 31.6 dropper a few days ago, but mine was less than £40 😀

desperatebicycle

Guide RSC brake for £63 seems pretty good here (left hand only? I thought they was reversible)(oh yeah, short hoseage)

mashr
    a11y

I bought those Yaris a few weeks ago when they were £315 and I thought that was a bargain, but £265 is outstanding.

nickjb
    Free Member

Yep it’s silly cheap. Luckily I hadn’t fitted mine so they are going back to be replaced by these. Bit annoying they can’t do some kind of refund without the hassles but I understand it.

I suspect we’ll see a few of those on eBay soon. There are used ones going for more than that

mashr

nickjb
    Free Member

Yep it’s silly cheap. Luckily I hadn’t fitted mine so they are going back to be replaced by these. Bit annoying they can’t do some kind of refund without the hassles but I understand it.

They managed to when i threatened to use free returns to send back a massive Pendle tow bar rack

nickjb
    Free Member

They managed to when i threatened to use free returns to send back a massive Pendle tow bar rack

They are charging for large items now. Maybe you upset them 🙂

Due to courier restrictions, large items (such as bikes, frames, racks, and trainers) are not currently eligible for returns via our online portal.

These items can be returned via a local courier service of your choice (postage rates can vary; to get a quote please contact your local courier) or alternatively we can arrange to have the item collected from you, at our reduced courier rates (£20 within the UK or if you are outside the UK please contact us for a quote).

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/customer-service/returning-an-item

a11y

nickjb
    Free Member

I suspect we’ll see a few of those on eBay soon. There are used ones going for more than that

Mine are fitted and steerer cut. Still happy as I sold the RS Gold 35s these replaced on my new hardtail, for £260.

stevie750

My yari turned up today. In a plastic bag with 2 tokens and some stickers. Look nice, just need to work out what to do with them

misteralz
    Free Member

Ordered the Reverb yesterday, except from Wiggle as CRC wasn’t letting me progress to the payment page. Used the extra10 code just fine as well so it ended up even cheaper. Ace.

Northwind

misteralz
    Free Member

except from Wiggle as CRC wasn’t letting me progress to the payment page.

I get that, in firefox, switching browsers usually sorts it.

Big-Bud
    Free Member

@mashr I got the a4 dominions and I’m blown away
    I suffer with carpel tunel so these should help a little
    Due to size of caliper your std mounts won’t work but magura mounts offer clearance but I knew this before buying as most reviewers mention it
    A magura q 40 was a fiver

razorrazoo

Reverb arrived. Brown box OEM with no extras and barb not connectamajig fixing.  Fine for me as I don’t use connectamajig fixing anyway as it’s too long for my frame and I’ve got several bleed kits.

chakaping
    Free Member

Got my Yari on Saturday, cheers again OP.

bikesandboots

These would have me very, very tempted

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/hayes-dominion-a4-mtb-disc-brake/rp-prod179506

@mashr
    Thanks, had my eyes on these for a while, finally bit the bullet.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Anyone opened up their Yaris yet? If so what’s the grease/oil situation like with them being a couple years old?

stevedoc
    Free Member

I sent mine back No star nut and very very squelchy almost like a seal had failed or was about to.

I seriously think like the Super deluxe coils they had 2 weeks ago in 230×60 and 230 x57.5 and the decals on the yaris they were ment for Santa cruz but lake of frames ment no need and I think CRC bought them up to sell out quickly. Same decals on the yorks (green) and correct eyelet buckings on the two coils I bought.

ico86

My yaris were pretty fresh but I’m glad that I had a look. For the sake of 15 mins, a dab of grease and a little bit of oil its worth checking for peace of mind.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Mine definitely sound squelchy. But I think that’s the motion control open damper rather than the nice quiet sealed charger units we’re used to now. I got 2 sets for 2 separate builds and they both sound the same.

I think I’ll open them up just in case then. But good to hear they’re pretty good.

souster4
    Free Member

Oil doesn’t degrade or disappear from sitting in a box in a warehouse especially on a suspension fork that’s for sure. Just run them!

mashr

I sent mine back No star nut and very very squelchy almost like a seal had failed or was about to.

As the others have said, MoCo is squelchy. Why would you expect to see a star nut though?

Northwind

The age isn’t relevant really since Rockshox have been scrimping on fork oil pretty much forever. Always check ’em on arrival, it only takes a few minutes.

anderzz
    Free Member

My yari turned up in a clear back within a cardboard box. There were two additional volume spacers and stickers in a little pouch. Decals were also there on a sheet.

Not sure what was meant by a star nut comment. Not something I’d have expected in the box anyway.

I’ll eventually put a new charger in it. Good purchase!

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘PSA today’s bargains you don’t need’ is closed to new replies.