Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • PSA: Ti Vandals for £1100
  • Premier Icon supertwisted
    Free Member

Planet X’s merry go round of pricing has dropped the Ti Vandal down to £1099.99, or £1019.98 with the new sign-up discount.

I’ve ordered one to replace my ageing short, high, steep 26er. Realise the frame warranty is only 2 years on the Vandal, so keep that in mind if you are ordering and are worried about Ti failure.

I can’t get past that fugly chainstay

Premier Icon hooli
    Free Member

I can’t get past that fugly chainstay

It is OK, I can confirm that it can’t be seen when you are riding the bike 😉

Premier Icon intheborders
    Free Member

They must have sold enough, back to £1600.

Premier Icon toby
    Free Member

There seem to be two separate products for the Vadal on the website, one at £1600 one at £1100. Titus Goldrush with Force 1 on for £1500 looks good value too (again, there seem to be two prices for it).

Free Member

Yep, you have to select the Ti Vandal on the MTB page and then it brings up both, just selecting Bikes and it doesn’t.

Premier Icon supertwisted
    Free Member

Yes for some reason you need to select the listing in their clearance page: https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/YBOOVAGX/on-one-vandal-sram-gx-titanium-mountain-bike

I’ve been eyeing up trail hardtails for a few weeks now and despite PXs dubious rep (although I’ve never had any issues with them myself, but not ordered a bike before), I haven’t seen anything near this spec for the price.

Premier Icon zerocool
    Free Member

Geometry looks nice (rear end doesn’t look nice), but not sure if I trust On One Ti frames (especially when items described as their ‘Tough trail smasher’

Free Member

Ask me again in a couple of years when the warranty has expired. I’ve always wanted to try a Ti bike (knowing that in reality there will be sod all difference in ride to any other metal) as a luxury and I’m happy taking my chances on its longevity.

Agree about the rear stays, but now I technically own them they’ve taken on a previously unseen yet unconventional beauty roughly commensurate to the amount of my actual money I’ve spent on them.

Premier Icon joebristol

What’s wrong with the chainstays – they just look normal to me 🤔

Premier Icon tall_martin

unconventional beauty roughly commensurate to the amount of my actual money I’ve spent on them.

Like many things on here!

Free Member

What’s wrong with the chainstays – they just look normal to me

I think they mean the seat stays.

Premier Icon funkmasterp

I got a Fireline with MRP fork a month or so ago. Changed the rubbish tyres for a Mary and Nic combo and the bike is fantastic. Frame is really well finished with tidy welds and it rides great. Really chuffed with it and my first Planet X bike purchase went very well. Can’t believe the quality of kit and frame for the price paid.

Premier Icon didnthurt

Bought a Hello Dave last year and it arrived with no issues.

Have bought a fair bit from them over the last 17 years and have always got a good service as well as great prices.

I must have been lucky to miss out the crappy service in the middling years.

Premier Icon wzzzz
    Free Member

Planet X’s merry go round of pricing has dropped the Ti Vandal down to £1099.99, or £1019.98 with the new sign-up discount.

How do we get the new sign up discount?

I signed up for the newsletter and got a code, but the email say it expired in may(!) and it doesn’t work.

Premier Icon mrpaul
    Free Member

Hello Dave frames for £200 as well

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FROOHD/on-one-hello-dave-frame

Premier Icon wzzzz
    Free Member

aha i’ve worked it out. I signed up using the form on the bottom of the webpage….. but then i went on mobile and there was a different sign up link that popped up. Then that sent me the correct code! typical planet x attention to detail….

Free Member

Geometry looks nice (rear end doesn’t look nice), but not sure if I trust On One Ti frames (especially when items described as their ‘Tough trail smasher’

My 456Ti disagrees with you, nearly 9000 miles and I only stopped riding it in late 2020 due to the arrival of a 29 HT (another On One/Planet X) to complement my 29 FS.

I think they mean the seat stays.

I did indeed – noticed what I’d written when reading back, but too late to edit

BTW, I’ve been referred to as ‘they’ twice in the last couple of days – for anyone unsure, I’m definitely a ‘he’ 😉

Premier Icon stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I also have a Lynskey Ti456 which I bought on eBay and it’s still not cracked.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.