Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • PSA The Chichester Biltong Company
  • tomhoward

Not your normal PSA, this one, as there are no promo codes, no ‘buy one get 10 free’ offers and no 99% off your first order type affairs.

What it is, is to inform the meat lovers of STW how bloody fantastic the dried and spiced beef (and other meats) these guys produce is.

You go to their website, your choose your flavour (of which there are many), choose how moist and fat you would like it (steady on….) and a couple of days later, heaven arrives in a vac-pac. He warned though, it is waaay more addictive than the best hookers and blow available. I’ve heard.

A little reading around the website also reveals the proprietor is a keen bikeriderist, so may even lurk here…

http://www.biltongcompany.co.uk/

Disclaimer: I have no connection to the business in any way, shape or form. This shit is too good not to share. The information that is, not the biltong.

singletrackmind

You going to use it to fuel your SDD ride?

tomhoward

Que?

superfli
    Free Member

Just ordered meself some Chilli and Smoked 🙂 nom nom nom

lemonysam
    Free Member

For Northern types, this guy’s pretty darned good too. http://www.bigtsjerky.co.uk/

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

8 quid for 100g of dried meat!!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Raggatip, the turkey twizzlers are over there >>

Nice PSA, thanks! Not too far away, and looks like great stuff. Only problem is, this guy’s on my doorstep!

and he makes lovely, really local (!) buffalo biltong.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Raggatip, the turkey twizzlers are over there >>

That’s a bit off. Maybe not everyone can justify the expense of stuff like this.

Rubber_Buccaneer

People really eat that stuff? I thought I was a dog treat.

tomhoward

8 quid for 100g of dried meat!!!

A fair point. That’s for the ‘finest’ stuff though (haven’t tried that yet, the website doesn’t say why it’s twice the price, other than it doesn’t have anything ‘bad’ in it?). The normal stuff is £9 for 250g, not exactly bargain basement I’ll grant you, but it isn’t something you eat every day, or a massive amount of at once (that might be a lie, depends on your self control…) and it really is VERY nice, esp with a nice fizzy alcoholic beverage.

As a recommendation, as with many things in life, the wetter and fattier the better IMO

gobuchul
    Free Member

Make your own.

It’s dead easy but still pretty expensive as you need to use decent cuts, rump, sirloin etc. You can get away with topside but it’s a bit chewy.

If you work on at least £15 per kilo before drying and then allow for the weight loss, seasoning and effort, then to sell at £36 per kilo isn’t as steep as it sounds.

Loads of info on line about how to do it just google “biltong box”.

plastic-box-jerkybiltong-maker-and-dehydrator

mrblobby
    Free Member

First delivery didn’t last long! Can confirm it’s pretty damn tasty 🙂

spacemonkey

Think I might make one of those DIY biltong boxes. If anything, it’s another excuse to get a Dremel.

superfli
    Free Member

still waiting for my order. I posted a set of forks to Spain and they are likely to arrive sooner than this delivery! Not impressed, especially as I live abot 10miles from Chichester!

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’m sure they tell you on the website when the next batch is going to be ready.

smatkins1
    Free Member

Ha. Turns out I cycle past this place every days on my commute to work (since moving house a few weeks ago).

I might have to pull in to sample their delights.

finbar
    Free Member

I miss working in South Africa. Ludicrously cheap biltong made out of all sorts of exotic game.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Bugger, I ordered Horseradish and but got sent Garlic (I know, first world problems!) I’ll not be popular with Mrs Blobby if I tuck into the garlic one 😳

bearGrease

I use these guys http://www.unclemeatbiltong.co.uk/ they’re great.

DrP

Oving’s just up the road from me…Might go and check out that man’s meat..

DrP

superfli
    Free Member

My order turned up today. Unfortunately they gave me a 250g pack of chilli beef rather than 100g. I’ll be on the phone to them in a min.. nom nom nom.. our maybe not 🙂

tomhoward

Strange, longest I’ve had to wait was for an order I placed on a Monday afternoon and it took till the Friday to arrive. That was for 3kg though…. Never had an issue with the wrong stuff being sent either.

steveoath
    Free Member

Never been able to stomach it since watching my baby daughter’s umbilical cord stump fall off. Too similar.

globalti
    Free Member

I’m in Nairobi… want me to bring you some back?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘PSA The Chichester Biltong Company’ is closed to new replies.