Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • PSA – That Lego Lambo
  • peterno51

Now discounted to £280 at CostCo if you have a card, I believe it’s £15 for a card if you don’t.

CostCo Lambo

Sooo tempted…

*did try to search for the original thread but the search foo was failing.

Cougar
    peterno51

Ah there it is, three years old. Fancy that.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Christ how much are they normally?

That is just ridiculous for something that just sits there

teethgrinder

The price of houses these days will blow your mind 🤣

MoreCashThanDash

That is just ridiculous for something that just sits theregathering dust

FTFY

shinton
    Free Member

Or you can sell them on for about 70% of purchase price and move on to the next model. I’ve found building Lego to be a good stress buster over the last few months.

bigdaddy

And it takes many hours to build them – money well spent in my view! I do have rather a lot though!!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Or you can sell them on for about 70% of purchase price and move on to the next model.

Are there Lego trading sites then?

I used to build a lot of Technical Lego stuff as a kid/teenager but looked recently and couild buy another bike for the price of a decent Lego kit so have never bothered. If I can sell it on afterwards I might be tempted. Do you sell the completed model or just the bricks?

v8ninety

I’m not particularly tempted myself but it’s truly small fry compared to the useless shite people will spend money on. Private number plates, anyone? Beer? Fags? Fancy wrist watches? Each to their own cash sink. I’d say Lego has far more intrinsic value than a lot of ‘wastes’ of money. And I like beer. 🍻

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Minto sauceo.

I have nothing else to add.

zilog6128

Are there Lego trading sites then?

yep, BrickLink is the main one.

Do you sell the completed model or just the bricks?

either. There’s a really cool feature where everyone selling bricks enters what they’ve got into the database, and then when people who want to build a custom model who have a list of bricks they want, it will match them with a list of sellers who can provide the bits they need!

Kryton57

Jnr spent about 3 months in total (there was a gap while we awaited missing parts to arrive) to build the Lego Landy my MIL bought him for Easter.

He does take his time and is quite good at these things, but on the way he’s learned about how engines, gear boxes/ratio’s and suspension works and is now convinced he wants to join the armed forces and make his way up to Helicopter mechanic.    Worth every penny I think, a great little bit of alternate education for an 11yo in lockdown.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

but on the way he’s learned about how engines, gear boxes/ratio’s and suspension works

I had this kit 1st: https://thelegocarblog.com/2011/11/08/lego-technic-853-956-car-chassis-set-review/

I built the big car then the jeep I then made a 4 cylinder boxer engine, i then stole all the springs from Dad’s ppclicky pens and made suspension, I then got another kit with smaller wheels and made a 2 wheel racer a bit like the Tyrrell, I then changed the boxer to a V6. This was back in the olden days when the parts were far fewer and more standard stuff.

Lots of fun and loads of time spent on stuff.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Minto sauceo.

Keyo ringo.

Cougar

I had this kit 1st:

I still have it, along with the 8860.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘PSA – That Lego Lambo’ is closed to new replies.