Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • PSA – that Guy Martin on C4 now, F1 pit crew.
  • Premier Icon fettlin
    Subscriber

STW mancrush alert, Guy Martin training for a pit crew job.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Proper job, cup of tea, Guy is running out of time the project is in jeopardy.

Premier Icon jonnyboi
    Subscriber

Oi, no spoilers! Ffs

running out of time the project is in jeopardy.

Just like a Top Gear ‘race then!

8)

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

No, that would be “Oooh it’s a close finish” “Wait, h…h..how did you get here first?”

Same thing. Scripted for tension…!

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

You don’t say.

Premier Icon fettlin
    Subscriber

And I’d bet a whole English pound this will be the build up to a chrimbo special with Guy behind the wheel of an F1 car……

Ro5ey

Gotta say… as much as I agree with the above comments.

This time l thought it was really good program

They (William’s) were serious and the tension was real.

Premier Icon flashinthepan
    Subscriber

I smiled at the bit when the Williams boss, worried Guy might screw up, said (something like):

‘Just imagine Massa is leading and ……’

Yeah, right oh boss, keep imagining

boblo

It was a bit glossed over in the prog but the first pit stop in anger was ~4.5s.it seemed they were faffing choosing the wrong tyres. Was this Guy or just the late call to change?

Premier Icon CheesybeanZ
    Subscriber

Was this Guy or just the late call to change?

Last minute differing by the monitor watching tech heads .

Premier Icon P-Jay
    Subscriber

Anywho… let go your cynicism, it was a brillant programme. Absolutely nothing like any topgear nonsense and if you think Williams would risk a pit stop on a bit of TV exposure you simply don’t understand the scale of F1.

Premier Icon crazy-legs
    Subscriber

Anywho… let go your cynicism, it was a brillant programme. Absolutely nothing like any topgear nonsense and if you think Williams would risk a pit stop on a bit of TV exposure you simply don’t understand the scale of F1.

I really enjoyed it – Guy is usually pretty good anyway but the behind the scenes look at F1 and the attention to detail was amazing.

Premier Icon Houns
    Subscriber

Really enjoyed that. Haven’t been remotely interested in F1 for years, always liked Smedley, though what’s he done to deserve being at Williams?!

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

Yeah, I actively dislike F1 but still found this a compelling watch.

More for the behind the scenes stuff than the “will he won’t he” tension though TBH.

Premier Icon bikebouy

Missed it gawd damn….

jimw

what came across in this film, and every other one I have seen with him, is that he is willing to put hard graft in over a long period of time and not just waltz in for the exciting bits. He also seems to be a natural with machinery of any sort. Clearly his experience with reasonably high power motorsport helped him with this one, but is was still an achievement to be allowed to do it.

Premier Icon lunge
    Subscriber

jimw, this is spot on. The pit crew work was great to watch but his work ethic seems magnificent, no messing, just give the lad a spanner and he’ll get it done.

Premier Icon zilog6128
    Subscriber

what came across in this film, and every other one I have seen with him, is that he is willing to put hard graft in over a long period of time and not just waltz in for the exciting bits. He also seems to be a natural with machinery of any sort

+1, the complete opposite of any TG “challenge”

Compelling viewing despite zero interest in F1 any more

warton

Clearly his experience with reasonably high power motorsport helped him with this one, but is was still an achievement to be allowed to do it.

yep, like when the mechanic asked him if he’d raced at Spa, and Guy had, that must give him instant respect from those guys.

Even my Mrs was taken aback by what F1 involves & was glued to the screen!
    No interest in F1 myself but it was a good programme. I just like anything with Guy in cos he’s the modern mans Fred Dibnah.

Premier Icon Houns
    Subscriber

Absolutely spot on. Right at the end he half asked the film crew “reet, yer off now?” Then he walked off to carry on packing the kit up. Anyone else (in the tv world) would’ve been straight to their motor home to change then on first flight back home as soon as the race finished

sands

bikebouy – Member
    Missed it gawd damn….

Looks like it’s on again tomorrow:
    Tuesday 19th September
    CH47 4SEVEN 7:00pm – 8:00pm

Premier Icon terrahawk
    Subscriber

He also seems to be a natural with machinery of any sort. Clearly his experience with reasonably high power motorsport helped him with this one, but is was still an achievement to be allowed to do it.

I was popping in to see him fairly frequently at the time he was building this in the shed. His level of expertise and craftsmanship is pretty mind-blowing.

steve_b77

It was a good show, but to be fair a professional mechanic with a penchant for building crazy machines, taking on extreme speed challenges, giving his all in training for said challenges and others, racing motorbikes around ridiculous road circuits while mixing it with professionals is hardly going to be stressed out by becoming part of a pit crew is he? Or am I being a tad cynical?

I thought he was looking particularly tasty last night, love his hair that length πŸ˜€

MarkBrewer

Nomatter who you are and what you’ve done in the past doing something like that (for real not just practice) has got to be a bit stressful.

Don’t know if I imagined it or not but was his leg shaking nervously just before his first race pit stop?

FunkyDunc

what came across in this film, and every other one I have seen with him, is that he is willing to put hard graft in over a long period of time and not just waltz in for the exciting bits. He also seems to be a natural with machinery of any sort

+1, the complete opposite of any TG “challenge”

Have you still not realised that TG is not real πŸ™„

Interesting watch on the whole. I bet he earned more in the one programme than the mechanics earn all year.

boblo

Lady Gresley – Member
    I thought he was looking particularly tasty last night, love his hair that length

Objectifying Guy, how could ya? He has feelings you know πŸ™‚

Premier Icon P-Jay
    Subscriber

He has feelings you know

I’m not sure he had sometimes ha ha.

I was surprised (and pleased of course) that he’s going to be having a little Girl with his partner. I wonder how that’ll change him.

I can see more TV work involving more fully risk assessed dangers and less TT stuff in his future.

Premier Icon zilog6128
    Subscriber

Have you still not realised that TG is not real

hence the inverted commas dumdum

Liked his restraint when Frank Williams’ daughter asked him if he could handle the pressure. FFS the guy has raced the IoM TT I’m sure he can handle changing a wheel!

Did he also let slip during conversation with the mechanic in the van trip to Spa that he was expecting a baby? Bit surprising as he’s been quoted saying he’d rather be working on an engine than sh*gging

Premier Icon AlexSimon
    Subscriber

I was popping in to see him fairly frequently at the time he was building this in the shed. His level of expertise and craftsmanship is pretty mind-blowing.

Good to see that those close to him are equally mind-blown!
    Haven’t seen the F1 one yet. Will watch with my sons. It’s about time I got them off Colin Furze πŸ™‚

Premier Icon soundninjauk
    Subscriber

Looking forward to catching up on this tonight πŸ™‚

I don’t think I’ve ever seen him look so nervous before anything before. When he had that pit helmet on you could see how focussed he was by the look in his eyes.

Premier Icon Houns
    Subscriber

P-Jay – Member
    He has feelings you know
    I’m not sure he had sometimes ha ha.

I was surprised (and pleased of course) that he’s going to be having a little Girl with his partner. I wonder how that’ll change him.

I can see more TV work involving more fully risk assessed dangers and less TT stuff in his future.

Well he’s currently on the Bonneville salt flats in/on that Triumph again, so think that answers that!

Premier Icon CountZero
    Subscriber

Brilliant programme, one thing that did surprise me was the amount of physical training, the gym work the team puts in; Guy obviously had no real issues there, but it was the comment by the team leader/manager about Guy possibly having issues due to his injuries and lack of flexibility, didn’t seem to hold him back though.

orangeboy

Anybody know what else is coming up from him or was the f1 thing a one off ?

Premier Icon pondo
    Subscriber

Really enjoyed that, I like the lad and Williams is me favourite team – quality programme. I know it was because of his go-pro but surprised they were ok with him having his gogs resting over the mouthguard, recipe for fogging that is.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘PSA – that Guy Martin on C4 now, F1 pit crew.’ is closed to new replies.