Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • PSA: Tamiya DT03 Neo Fighter
  • timbur
    Free Member

https://www.conrad-electronic.co.uk/ce/en/product/1173353/Tamiya-Neo-Fighter-Brushed-110-RC-model-car-Electric-Buggy-RWD-Kit?ref=list

If you sign up for their newsletter you often get a £5 off code as well.

I’ve had two off them now and the postage is quick and free.

Oh, it comes with ESC and Torque Tuned motor so is a lot of fun out of the box.

timbur
    Free Member

Oh, and upgraded CVA shocks as standard.  A lot of kit for not a great deal of money.

zilog6128

Looks pretty cool. How involved is the assembly? What else do you need (one review mentions radio/battery)? Why do I want this?!

jeff

What remote controller thing do you need for that?

stumpy01

You’ll need a radio, servo, battery for the car, charger & batteries for the radio.
    Oh, and paint.

Most places do kit deals on the other bits you need, so you can buy them as a bundle.

You’re looking at around £80 for that lot.

It’s also worth getting the bearing kit for that car at the same time, as the kit comes with bushes with are OK to get running, but bearings are better & much easier to put in at initial build. That’s probably another £6-8 or so.

Regarding assembly – Tamiya instructions are excellent & it basically all screws together. I got one a few years ago & built it up over several evenings – realistically you could do it in a couple of evenings easily.
    The hardest bit for me I found was filling the oil shocks – they only just about provide you with the the correct quantity of oil, so you need to be careful you don’t overfill one shock (or have a spill) because then there isn’t enough oil for the other shocks – I am not entirely convinced mine are all completely full.

Here’s mine:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/21hjiXE]DSCN8525_zpsu2hb6jtr[/url] by STW stumpy01, on Flickr

Harry_the_Spider

Damn you. Damn you all!!!

How much would control, batteries and a quick charger cost on top of that? Asking for a friend*.

* Not really.

zilog6128

I have a radio for planes/choppers, etc (Spektrum DX6) is that OK to use or do you want a pistol-grip style one really?

Is the shock oil likely to be the same as any of the Fox suspension oil I have lying around?!

stumpy01

How much would control, batteries and a quick charger cost on top of that? Asking for a friend*.

I answered just above your post (probably cross posts).
    It’ll be around £80 for everything you need to get it running.
    But then, factor in some money for polycarbonate spray paint & the bearing kit (probably another £15 in total).

I have a radio for planes/choppers, etc (Spektrum DX6) is that OK to use or do you want a pistol-grip style one really?

Looks like massively overkill for the task, but assuming you have the transmitter & receiver, then it should work. You’ll just hook the ESC & steering servo into the receiver & off you go.

Is the shock oil likely to be the same as any of the Fox suspension oil I have lying around?!

Similar, but these cars are quite sensitive to oil viscosity being so light (compared to a bike & rider). There is enough oil in the kit to get them running, you just need to be careful when you are filling the shocks that you don’t waste any.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Tamiya DT03 Neo Fighter’ is closed to new replies.