Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • PSA – super cheap tubeless road tyre
  • Flaperon

Ribble Cycles have the Mavic Yksion Pro 2 UST tyres in both 25mm and 28mm sizes for just £20, down from £54. I held off posting here because I thought it was a glitch and they wouldn’t be in stock, but the order shipped today so I presume it’s genuine.

https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/mavic-yksion-pro-2-ust-tyre/#pid=80424

They’re really good tyres in my experience, having put over 10k on a pair over the last two years. Not super-fast but sticky in the wet and cold and great puncture resistance on shit roads (unless you’re dozy enough to gash the sidewall on the edge of the pothole 😭).

boxelder

Will they work properly with Stans rims?

sparkyrhino

Cheers a couple snatched for Mrs SR’s bike for autumn/winter duties

razorrazoo

11Storm compound, sounds like they’re made by Hutchinson as this is what’s used in the Fusion tyre range which are decent tyres.

mcnultycop

Great PSAing. I use the Hutchinson and actually just bought a pair of those, but at £40 a pair I’ve got the Mavics as spares.

bobodaclown

@flaperon cheers for the shout out on these.
    Looking forward to trying them out

cookeaa

Looks like they’re out if stock now.

mcnultycop

Mine arrived today, no packaging but I’m not hugely concerned by that.

dingleberry
    Free Member

Same with mine – looks like they’ve been taken off a bike that’s been rolled around in the shop a bit as they’ve got some dirt and grit on, but definitely unridden, so for the price that’s fine with me! Cheers for the PSA!

cheers_drive

Mine arrived today too. Expect a thread tomorrow requesting road tubeless help!
    Cheers for the PSA!

branes

Bump – although you can’t get these on their site they seem to have a few left on Ebay here for £22 each+pnp.

Just got some more as I really rate the ones I have.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Thanks for the bump, just ordered 2 28’s i have the Hutchinson’s on my winter bike and the rear has a second anchovy in it that’s not really working to seal quite a big hole, for 20 quid i can just fit a new one and have a look at the hole later and see if it’s repairable.

they get a decent review:
    https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com/road-bike-reviews/mavic-yksion-pro-ust-2018

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.