Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • PSA: Stroud, Glos, Bike Jumble 13/11/21
  • qwerty
    Free Member

Organised by local cycling team https://www.magspeedracing.com/

Saturday 13th November, 2pm – 5pm @ Brimscombe Primary School, Brimscombe, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL5 2QR.

Fantastic coffee available from https://www.thecoffeelada.com/

£2 entry.

£10 per table (inside), £8 outside.

Email: magspeedracing@gmail.com to book a sellers table.

(nowt to do with me, just a heads up)

remedyflyer
    Free Member

Mate mentioned this on Friday in Cheltenham Cycles all the best with it but £2 to view will put people off hopefully lots will turn up only ever done Muddock and one in Malvern which was good Parkend in march 2020 was a complete waste of time.

qwerty
    Free Member

Bump

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nickjb
    Free Member

Anyone been before? I’d be interested to know what it’s like, especially compared to Bristol. Much modern-ish mtb stuff?

remedyflyer
    Free Member

Might be wrong here do not think its ever happened before maybe its a one off!!

qwerty
    Free Member

@nickjb & @remedyflyer

It is the first, Scott the organiser is keen to some more bike / community / inclusive things going in the local area, this is one of them, he was behind the local Western League CX race in Stroud the other week and had done some inclusive CX stuff in Cheltenham too.

The more people that pop over to sell and or buy will make it work, so come on over.

From the little I know so far there will be everything from my tat (Inc a BNIB dropper & USE suspension seatpost) to a secondhand road bike by a renowned local frame builder.

remedyflyer
    Free Member

Yes when I raced cross Scott was a young lad and went of to Belgium for a while I think.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Thanks qwerty I’ll roll down the hill for a look and defo a coffee 👍

qwerty
    Free Member

2pm-5pm today 👌🏻

nickjb
    Free Member

Nice jumble. Still time to get down if you are local. I expect there will be some bargains at the end as I think a few people have been told by the boss not to bring stuff home.

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

Bugger forgot this was on!

remedyflyer
    Free Member

How busy was it as in buyers!!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I wonder if the toerag who robbed me of £20 for some pedals was there, he was from Stroud.

nickjb
    Free Member

How busy was it as in buyers

Not very, I’d say. Not as busy as Bristol. About as many sellers but a lot less buyers. It was on longer though, so maybe the numbers were ok over the course of the day, rather than the scrum of Bristol. Don’t know if the small entrance fee put anyone off, probably more the location. It was nice, but quite out the way.

argee

To be fair it’s out of the way, Stroud has the farmers market on as well at the same time and at the other side of Stroud, it’s just not very easy to find or get too, from the motorway it’s a pain due to the roads, same with coming north like i do over the golf course, it’s not the greatest routes.

Still, good to see something happening, i might have tried getting up there, but again, it sounded like roadie/gravel stuff more than MTB, plus i’d go over to the farmers market more as they have a pippins doughnuts stand ;o)

nickjb
    Free Member

more as they have a pippins doughnuts stand

The cakes and brownies were pretty darn good at the jumble

monkeyboyjc

Darn, missed this today – had to sort out the jumble of the mother in law’s  house as she’s moving …

remedyflyer
    Free Member

To be honest driving in most parts of Gloucestershire is a pain temporary lights everywhere.Cheltenham digging the whole town up for fast fibre nightmare.

alastairmilne
    Free Member

I went with my little boy. Probably around a dozen sellers. If I’d had a bike project on the go, I’d have had plenty of options; as I don’t, I ended up empty-handed. Almost bought some decent commuter/winter wheels with Hope hubs, but didn’t have enough cash one me! Also, at another time, that Chorus 11 speed groupset on another stall might have tempted me! Will definitely be looking out for the next one – the lady on the door (whose brownies were out of this world!) hoped that they might hold another in the coming months.

jameso

they might hold another in the coming months.

Hope so, I’m moving over that way soon and have a garage here to clear out!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘PSA: Stroud, Glos, Bike Jumble 13/11/21’ is closed to new replies.