Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • PSA – Stolen Bikes on TV
  • jim76
    Free Member

Incase anyone is interested, just seen a feature on Channel 5 Police Interceptors about stolen bikes in the Lake District. Grizedale Forest car park etc. Looked like a Specialized Camber and Myka FSR – wonder whose they were. It’s on again at 9pm channel 5+1. Nice to see the scumbags get caught 😀

wwaswas

Yes, 3 years inside and a 10 year ban on entering Cumbria. I was pleasantly surprised.

project
    Free Member

jim76
    Free Member

Great to see the police awareness that it’s become a big problem – 3 years and a ban was a great result! Hope the rightful owners got their bikes back fairly easily. My own experience was having to wait months due to the bike being evidence..!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Just seen this. Really impressed with the results.

The la grinning really pi$$ed me off. Bet he’s not grinning now.

chakaping
    Free Member

So for those of us who didn’t see it, where did the thieves travel to Grizedale from?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

It didn’t mention where they had come from mate.

The police followed them from car park to car park all over the lakes.

marsdenman
    Free Member

IIRC the bikes we’re reunited with their owners – they’d be nicked from a hotel.
    Theft was reported quickly with the white van being identified as being the most likely candidate to contain bikes and perps. As above, coppers were on it pretty quick, followed them around a whole host of other car parks before calling in reinforcements when they realised the van was heading for the motorway.

twoniner
    Free Member

Watched this too, chuffed to bits they got caught although the police lost the van for a bit.

They were convicted for theft of approx 14K worth of bikes.

I had to laugh at that scrote chilling in the back of the van on that deckchair!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Stolen Bikes on TV’ is closed to new replies.