Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • PSA Stainburn
  • Simon

A message from the people at SingletrAction….

“Hi Everyone

We’ve had a Stainburn Update!

Felling has been delayed slightly and the forest will now close on Monday 23rd.

So one last weekend people – make it count!

PS, we have applied the final coat of material and closed the pump track until after the harvesting so please don’t ride it.”

ads678

Nice one.

tomhoward

Ffs, ripped a hole in my leg last weekend so won’t be able to ride

chestrockwell

How long is it out of action for?

tomhoward

hopefully a week depending on when the stich…. oh the trails, not my knee, right… a couple of months the notice said, so should be a nice xmas day ride!

that doesn’t include rebuilding the trails though, so i guess the boulder trails (black runs) that they’re felling around will be OOA a while longer

Simon

The felling work will take around 3 months. Hopefully care will be taken not to completely ruin the Boulder Trail but I think the unofficial “natural” trails like Aldo’s, BSA etc will be lost forever.

ads678

Is it just the ‘official’ car park side that is being felled or is it the other side of the road as well?

Simon

Just the area where the Boulder Trail is below the car park. Norwood is still OK to ride but you’ll have to park somewhere else.

Simon

You could park here and ride across the forest to the fun stuff. Look on Strava for Wookie Woods to get you in the right direction.
    Stainburn Forest Car Park
    Stainburn, Harrogate HG3 1TQ

https://goo.gl/maps/XectVDa6Fd42

ads678

Yeah, i think i’ve ridden over from almscliffe before. Cheers.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Great place Stainburn, even on a CXer..

twistedpencil

Bugger was planning a trip with the boy during half term next week…

chestrockwell

What a shame although there should be enough left to make it worth rebuilding. Blank canvas and all that.

Shandy
    Free Member

I’m in Knaresborough for a week from the 28th, is everything from the road down going to be out of action?

tomhoward

Double post

tomhoward

Everything from the main car park down the hill is off limits as they are shutting the car park and all the trails start and finish there (might be ok to do the descent line, then ride back up the road, but wouldn’t make a trip to risk it being shut. the top half of the woods are fine though

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

It won’t be OK to ride the Descent Line. Whilst it might look OK at the top, just off the main road, the trail will finish in or immediately adjacent to the logging area.

Logging uses big, dangerous plant. Being in its vicinity is not a good idea.

Please respect the closure and don’t be tempted to circumvent it. Recovering the trails after the felling will be much easier if we have a good relationship with FC. Bikers not respecting the (reasonable) H&S restrictions probably won’t help the SingletrAction / FC relationship 😎

Like most things Stainburn – patience is a virtue 😉

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

It looks like they have been trying to look after some of the trails/features (from what you can see from the road)

Looks like they have just about finished too.

I think it looks a lot better without trees on it, however a lot more exposed to the elements now!

continuity
    Free Member

Riding the descent line on a cyclocross bike?

Interesting.

I’d like to see that done fast.

tomhoward

Be interesting to know how easy the trails would be to ride if you didn’t have Guys encyclopaedic knowledge of them, how visible they are etc.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Thought i might head to swinsty tomorrow. Might have a pedal over to stainburn. Biggest challenge will be getting out of bed after a bottle of rum!

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’m picking my wife up from Leeds on the way to Edinburgh this afternoon – is Stainburn open again if I popped by on my way?

darrenspink
    Free Member

Main car park is still closed and the black runs haven’t been sorted out but you could park across the road farther up (if there is space) do some of unofficial trials there and also the main red descent lines which are pretty much unaffected.

munrobiker
    Free Member

OK, thanks Darren. It’s the black and the ability to switch off my brain rather than navigate that was the draw, I’ll stop by some trails I know instead.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘PSA Stainburn’ is closed to new replies.