Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • PSA – Specialized Defroster Boots for £89.99
  • Rubber_Buccaneer

Too late for me to ask opinions on these as I impulse purchased a pair yesterday. I have been thinking of buying some proper winter shoes for a while (years) but managed with overshoes rather than spend the cash. These looked like a bit of a deal to me. Not tried them yet so can’t give a review.

Specialized Defroster Boots for £89.99

Just posting as others may be thinking about winter too.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I have been thinking of buying some proper winter shoes for a while

Then you have bought the wrong shoes, whilst the defrosters are adequate they are far from full on winter boots, very comfortable though as are all Spesh shoes.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Noted. What I really meant was three season wet weather shoes I can wear warm socks under if it’s cold as well as wet.

thomthumb
    Free Member

Then you have bought the wrong shoes, whilst the defrosters are adequate they are far from full on winter boots, very comfortable though as are all Spesh shoes.

that was the mkI the mkII is a much better boot apparently.

mine are as warm as the northwave boots.

z1ppy

TT, I never found NW Celsius boots to be very warm either, Shimano MW80’s (and MT90’s) being much much better.

clubber
    Free Member

I have those. they very good in that they’re comfortable and waterproof. They’re not particularly warm though – not an issue for those with good circulation but definitely something to consider otherwise.

thomthumb
    Free Member

fair point. i find both shoes warm enough for extended all day rides below zero. ymmv. I can’t find the review that said that spec redesigned the boot after customer feedback?

anc
    Free Member

Excellent boot and never had cold feet in them combined with sealskin merino socks. Try using ‘nl20’ code for a extra 20% off, makes it £71.99. Valid till end of sept.

Bregante

What’s the Fit like on these (I’m an eleven)

Shak47

Thanks for the heads up on the price and the discount code, been looking for something to replace my Specialized 110 boots so these at £71.99 seem pretty good.Wish they still made the SL120’s liked them a lot.

anc
    Free Member

What’s the Fit like on these (I’m an eleven)

I have 43 in the s-works shoe and 44 in the defroster cos i use the thicker sealskin merino sock. This fits best for me. Spec shoes are wider in the toebox than most shoes so folk who say use 44 in either shimano or sidi are often better of in 43 spec shoe. for reference I also take 43 in my everyday and running shoes.

Bregante

Cheers anc. Ordered!

cupra
    Free Member

Cheers anc, also ordered 😛

MussEd
    Free Member

discount code no longer accepted. Why didn’t I just push the button yesterday instead of letting domestic chores get in the way!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘PSA – Specialized Defroster Boots for £89.99’ is closed to new replies.