Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • PSA Silly cheap Conti Supersonic 700c tubes
  • Anthony
    Free Member

Sadly only in 60mm valve, but 5 for £11 you shouldn’t grumble! Buy 1, get 4 free.

CRC>Road tubes>Continental Supersonic 5pk.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Ta!

edenshawbay
    Free Member

Can’t see it on the site?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

have you read it right? is it not the price for single versus the per-unit price when bought in bulk (5?)?

andyl
    Free Member

look for the Continental Race 28 Supersonic Tube – 700 x 18-25 Presta 60mm (5pk) 59449
    ID: 59450
    Unit Price: £10.99

They are bunched in with the single tubes.

Cheers OP. Not sure how silly a 60mm valve will look but road bikes look silly anyway 😉

and yup, just ordered some – £44 saving or something it says on CRC. I was charged £10.99 as quoted above.

twohats
    Free Member

Lightweight tubes have no place on road bikes, whatever the price…

njee20
    Free Member

I used to use Supersonic tubes and never actually had any real problems with them puncture wise. Not ideal if you’ve got very tight tyres, they’re stupidly easy to pinch.

Crazy value though!

edenshawbay
    Free Member

Well i,ve orderd.

edenshawbay
    Free Member

THANKS

damitamit
    Free Member

Thanks! I’m a weight weenie at heart.

boblo
    Free Member

Good spot, ta.

Bez

Er… what crashtestmonkey said. Those prices are per tube. There just seems to be an odd quirk of pricing whereby if you order 5 or more they actually get more expensive per tube.

boblo
    Free Member

No, first in the list is for 5. Specsavers next for you my boy 🙂

andyl
    Free Member

How many more times? It says “5pk” ie a pack of 5. RRP £54

Bez

Ah yes. As you were.

mashiehood
    Free Member

damn it missed out!

nbt

Discontinued

🙁

D0NK

wonder if that was an error

easygirl

Anybody want my pack, for price paid plus postage, the 60mm stems will be too long for me

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Lightweight tubes have no place on road bikes, whatever the price…

Odd comment, best place for them surely?

Odd it let me order, but only 1 pack. then it showed discontinued, maybe I got lucky.

boblo
    Free Member

Mine have been dispatched 🙂 certainly the 60mm valves will look a bit crap on normal wheels but I won’t be able to see as they’ll be whizzing round so fast 🙂

andyl
    Free Member

mine still processing…..fingers crossed as have a new road bike here that needs spare tubes.

Anthony
    Free Member

I never bothered.

For normal section rims the extra ‘spare’ 30odd mm of brass makes them weigh more than a normal tube anyway and unbalances the wheel at speed. (#Read-I’m a snob and couldn’t stand to look at them!)

Hope a few of you got a bargain,

Anthony.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Mine just arrived.
    It’s just one inner tube.

Good luck to the rest of you.

alpitudeluke
    Free Member

yeah same here, did think it was too good to be true. But still a bit naughty of CRC as it was listed as a 5 pack and stated that youd be saving alot off of the RRP.

mashiehood
    Free Member

cheeki bu**ers!

D0NK

Mine just arrived.
    It’s just one inner tube.

that’s naughty

For normal section rims the extra ‘spare’ 30odd mm of brass makes them weigh more than a normal tube

that’s funny 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

the extra ‘spare’ 30odd mm of brass makes them weigh more than a normal tube

Not even close – they’re 45g with a short valve and 50g with a long valve IIRC.

I use Spesh Turbo tubes on the road, lighter than standard, but far tougher than Supersonics, come in a nice plastic bag too, so you don’t get talc in your pockets.

I’d send them back if it was one, or ask where the other 4 are.

daveh
    Free Member

Just 1 arrived here too. Call made to customer services, they’ve received a number of calls already this morning so know about the issue. 4 other tubes being sent out as a gesture of good will. My colleague (who ordered after my tip off) has also been made the same offer of good will.

plop_pants
    Free Member

One only for me too. They were marked up as a 5 pack and the discount shown was as a percentage of the cost of five tubes so hopefully they’ll honour it.

boblo
    Free Member

Well if they don’t honour it they are guilty of misrepresentation. Time to up the post count to give Gogle a chance to give em some bad publicity me thinks….

andyl
    Free Member

only 1 for me too 🙁

but my order is still in processing. Just emailed them to ask if the others are being sent out.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Don’t know why you’d bother with lightweight butyl inners when latex tubes are around the same weight/price and result in a faster ride with better ‘feel’

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Don’t know why you’d bother with lightweight butyl inners when latex tubes are around the same weight/price and result in a faster ride with better ‘feel’

Because latex tubes piss their contents out quicker than a drunk on friday night and can’t be repaired?

njee20
    Free Member

Where do you get a 5-pack of latex tubes for for £6?

Aidy
    Free Member

Where do you get a 5-pack of latex tubes for for £6?

Try your local pharmacy?

njee20
    Free Member

😆

plop_pants
    Free Member

All sorted. The rest of the order is on its way.

alpitudeluke
    Free Member

I was going to send my order back as I ordered two lots and I was damned if I was paying £22 odd quid for two tubes. But having seen the posts on here, I phoned them up and they are sending out the other tubes so that’s a winner.
    I bet they’re cussing themselves now!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘PSA Silly cheap Conti Supersonic 700c tubes’ is closed to new replies.