Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • PSA: Shockwiz at Wiggle & CRC
  • weeksy

That’s Direct Mount, so quite specific in terms of what it fits i think…

cookeaa

From the Description:

This model is perfect for inverted type forks such as the RockShox RS-1

Did anyone ever buy the RS-1?

frogstomp

That’s Direct Mount, so quite specific in terms of what it fits i think…

Was just looking and I think that just means you can screw it straight on to the valve if required. Sounds (from the Q&A) like it comes with the hoses to attach to a ‘normal’ fork.

Tempted..

(additional £10 off at Chain Reaction if you create a new account and use code EMAIL2022)

julians
    Free Member

nice one – ordered, interested to see what it says

Onzadog
    Free Member

Having two conventional ones I can see how you’d use the normal connection hose to connect it, but getting air in through the Shockwiz could be tricky. All depends on exactly in the box.

julians
    Free Member

All depends on exactly in the box.

according to the manual it comes with a female to male adapter, and the two usual hoses. So looks like it will work in the same way as the standard shockwiz

weeksy

Then in that case, that’s an absolute BARGAIN !!!!

b33k34

according to the manual it comes with a female to male adapter, and the two usual hoses. So looks like it will work in the same way as the standard shockwiz

I guess you’d need that because even if you did have an inverted fork you’d still want to be able to use it on your rear shock

nomadrider
    Free Member

I’d just be careful. I know someone that got some Sid ultimates for a bargain from crc. Came without a box or instructions, it was a remote lock out version but there was no remote. Even though it didn’t say it was meant to be a remote lock out version. When contacted they just apologised and said you can return it if you want. They are OEM stock so don’t come with everything.

julians
    Free Member

I’ll let you know when it arrives

crossed

They are OEM stock so don’t come with everything.

I’m not sure there’s ever been an OEM shock wiz so I can’t imagine it being an issue.

DickBarton

I do fancy a second one (hark at me!)…it works very well but I’m often thinking it would be handy to have front and rear being checked at the same time riding the trails…in a sort of more controlled way as both are recording at the same time.

Too expensive for me though so I’ll hopefully borrow one from a mate.

weeksy

I’ll hopefully borrow one from a mate.

I got one here if you want it for a week or two.

paulwf

I have one of thisntype, the mounting is often a bit awkward and it looks like it may break easily but has been fine

DickBarton

Thanks for the offer @weeksy, but I suspect I’d need it for 5 or 6 weeks given my inability to find time to get rides in! I’m not really needing a second one but it could be a wee bit handy, so I’ll leave it until I’m looking to fettle with my suspension again, ta.

feed

I have the direct mount Shockwiz, connects fine to standard forks, shocks.

julians
    Free Member

Can confirm it comes with the adapter to connect it to any fork/shock.

rOcKeTdOg

What does it do that you can’t do by going for a ride and playing with pressures and settings? Not criticising just curious

bikerevivesheffield

Tells you what to change based on what you want to feel

fooman

Confirm what you are feeling? Help set up someone elses bike? I had one but didn’t really spend enough analysing everything so sold it. At this price I might be tempted to have another go + bc discount and quidco cashback.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I found is useful for confirming my thoughts about my setup and for setting up my wife’s bike as she’s not as well versed in verbalising what she wants her suspension to do, but still rides better and more safely when it is set up.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.