Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • PSA: Shimano XT 11-46 11sp Cassette for £64
  • reeksy

Out of stock ☹️

docrobster
    Free Member

Does that cassette have the horrible 39-46 jump at the top end? I have the slx and it’s not pleasant. Sunrace has a better spread or even the 11-51 although that weighs a ton.
    £69 at bikester

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kimbers

39-46 jump at the top end? I have the slx and it’s not pleasant. Sunrace has a better spread or even th

Its actually a 37-46 jump & its really frustrating!
    It means that you end up in the biggest ring more than you need to so it wears even quicker

I much prefer the 40-46 jump on sunrace, it weighs a tiny bit more, it shifts a tiny bit less smooth but they last longer & are more pleasant to ride

davros

I don’t mind the big jump on the 11-46 and have found them to be very durable too, despite the 46 getting lots of use in grim conditions. But I do prefer the shifting performance on 12 speed Shimano kit.

montgomery
    Free Member

After (prematurely?) wearing out the alloy cog on an 11-42 XT cassette, I moved to Sunrace 11-46 cassettes precisely because of the weird jump on the Shimano ones. The current MX8 has 2700km on it, lots of life yet, generally can’t fault it.

On the other bike I’ve just had to return a Deore 11-51 cassette after 1700km because of the loose rivets thing. I’ve bought an MX80 11-50 on the strength of the MX8, but am a little concerned by the bigger jump to the largest cog than the Deore had. We’ll see.

letmetalktomark

11-40 is where it’s at.

zippykona

Sorry, I took the last one.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.